33. Engagement Venue.

We need to accept
that we won't always
make the right decisions,
That we will screw up
Royally sometimes
_____________

Understanding that
Failure is not the opposite of success,
It's part of success.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

Today my house is total mess because tomorrow is the engagement ceremony of mine & Raj and Riya & Karan.

I woke up early as instructed by Maa and got ready.

Today's first task for me which was assigned by Maa is to go school along with Paa and invite the principal for my engagement as well as my wedding and also ask him for 10 days leave.

So, instead of wearing my uniform I went to school on my casuals.

We, me and Paa, invited the principal for engagement and wedding. He congratulated us and without any objections permitted me 10 days leave. Perks of being a good teacher. Hehe.

After inviting principal we went to the tailor shop to received our clothes then Paa dropped me at the beauty salon where Riya is already waiting for me.

Mamma has specially booked appointment for us because she want both of her daughter to look elegant on their special day.

We spend 5 hours in the parlor and it was one of my best 5 hours. I never felt so much relaxed ever in my life. We both had facial, manicure, pedicure, hair spa and my favourite was head massage it was so relaxing.

The moment I entered my house Maa said,

"Thank God you came now go and try your dress. I don't want any last moment mess to be pending."

She looked so tired and worried, I went towards her and gave her a peck on the cheek and said,

"I love you Maa.",

She smiled brightly by my action and replied,

"Love you too beta. Now go don't delay anymore. I don't trust that tailor."

I grabbed the package of my dress and went towards my room.

I tried the dress and nothing felt wrong to me. I gave myself a look on the mirror the fitting is perfect.

After changing my dress I came downstairs and informed Maa that everything is fine.

She made me sit down on the dinning table and served me lunch and said,

"Everyone has already eaten except you."

After having my lunch I helped Maa in sending invites to all our relatives. Because of the shortage of time we decided that we won't send paper cards to anyone.

Paa have asked one of the designer to design a digital card and that digital card will be sent to everyone through WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram.

It took us two hours to send the invitations.

After that Maa started calling some relatives for inviting them personally and insisting that they have to come.

I got some break and came to my room. I lied down on the bed to relax.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I picked up my phone and checked the caller ID it's Raj calling.

"Hello!", I said.

"Hey! I hope I didn't disturb you?", said Raj.

"If you would have called me five minutes before then my answers must be Yes but right now it's No. You didn't disturb me.", I answered him.

"I think the situation of your house is no different from mine.", said Raj.

"Hmm", I hummed.

"Hey, what happened Una? Are you still angry on me?", Raj enquired worriedly.

Angry? Oh! I remembered yesterday night's parking lot event and realised I was angry on him.

I decide to remain quite and once again said,

"Hmm"

"Please Una say something. I am dying to talk to you.", Raj said again trying his flirting tactics on me.

I am not angry but I like teasing him. So, I continued with it and said,

"Hmm"

Suddenly, someone snatched my mobile. I turn my head to see who is it? It's Kareena.

"Hi handsome!", said Kareena flirtatiously.

"From now on you both are not allowed to talk to eachother. So bye and yes this phone will be with me. So, if you want to talk to me then only call on this number.", Said Kareena and disconnected the call.

I watched her shockingly and asked,

"What was that?"

She pulled my cheeks and said,

"You are so cute Di. It's my way to tease your husband after all he is going to be my ji-ja-ji."

(Jija ji = elder sister husband)

I shook my head and smiled on her tactics.
_______________________________________

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt someone stroking my head slightly.

I opened my eyes and saw both Maa and Paa sitting on each side of my bed and Maa is stroking my head lovingly.

"Good morning beta.", Both of them greeted me together.

I rubbed my eyes slightly and responded them in sleepy tone.

"Good morning"

"Karuna I have told you many times not to rub your eyes so harshly.", Maa scolded me.

"Sorry Maa", I apologized her.

"It's okay beta now wake up and get ready. Kareena will also be arriving any minute then we will have to leave for the engagement venue.", Said Paa.

After half n hour later we all were ready to leave but still Kareena is not here.

Paa called her and asked her how much more time she will take because Maa is getting restless. She is being worried that if we will delay now then all the rituals won't get complete on time.

Paa suggested her to reach directly on the venue for which she agreed and we all left the house.

As we reached there we noticed that Tandel's were not yet arrived.

The venue which was booked for our engagement is one of the best in the entire city. I always wanted my wedding ceremony to be held here but unfortunately it's not possible because this hall is already booked by someone else on our wedding day but I am happy at least my engagement ceremony is going to happen here.

I went directly to the room which was allotted to the brides yes brides which means me and Riya. Both of us will be getting ready together in the same room.

After ten minutes of our arrival Kareena also arrived and apologized for being late and then after twenty minutes of Kareena's arrival my in laws also arrived.
_______________________________________

✴️What's your opinion about the entire chapter?

✴️Are you excited for the engagement ceremony?
_______________________________________

✴️Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me.)

_______________________________________