18. Tsunami

Time isn't the main
thing. It's the only
thing.
_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

After Raj left I went inside the house. Maa is sitting on the sofa and busy doing something on her cellphone.

I noticed she is typing something on her phone. I think she is texting someone!

I sat down opposite her and waited for her to finish her talk or whatever she is doing on her cellphone and say something.

It's been past five minutes I am waiting here in the hope that she will say something but she didn't even look at me. I think it's the silence before the storm. I am in a big trouble.

I decided to change my uniform and freshen up instead wasting my time while sitting here and doing nothing. Today I also have my coaching class.

Yesterday because of that police station incident I had to cancel my coaching classes but today I can't do that again it will hamper my students performance and will also have bad influence on my reputation.

I get up and went towards the stairs. As I kept my foot on first stair to climb up Maa interrupted me and said,

"Who told you to leave?"

I turned around and find out that she is still busy on her cellphone. She only lifted her eyeballs and gave me one of her dangerous look. Oh God! I am scared of her this look.

"Come back and sit down.", she said strictly.

I did as she told me to do. I sat down again on the same spot and waited for the disaster which is going to come out of her mouth soon. Please save me God.

She kept her cellphone aside and folded her hands Infront of her chest and asked me very very strictly.

"Where have you been till now? and Why did you lie to me?"

"Actually Maa, I was going to come back home by bus but after dismissal but when I was going towards the bus Raj came there he wanted to talk something important with me. So I..", She didn't let me finish and said,

"What! You were with Raj? Why didn't you inform me before? I would have not asked you to come back soon. Silly girl.", She said excitedly.

I became stunned and kept looking at her for few seconds. I can't believe the way her behaviour took three hundred and sixty degree turn. Few moments before she was behaving like she is so angry and will eat me raw but now after hearing Raj's name all her angriness disappeared like magic.

"But Maa..", She again cuts me in the middle and said,

"No buts you should have informed me beta that you are with Raj. I would have not been so worried about your whereabouts. Now go and change your clothes I am going to preheat your lunch.", She declared and didn't let me say anything else.

There is no point of doing argument with her anymore. Now I am feeling quite jealous of Raj. Why? My own mother trust him more than me.😏☹

I didn't waste any more minute and came to my room. I lied down on my bed to relax my body and mind a little bit.

After few minutes I get up and came towards my closet to pick something decent and comfortable to wear.

Being a teacher I prefer wearing traditional wears instead of westerns.

For today I choose simple dark brown colour kurti which have white colour thread work and paired it up with white colour leggings.

I came back down to have lunch. I noticed no one is there in the hall. Maa had already served a plate for me and covered it up with another plate. Thank God now I can eat my lunch silently and peacefully with no unwanted interrogations.

After having lunch I rushed to my coaching centre. My center is not too far from my house only five minutes walking distance.

Successfully I took my today's class and was preparing to go back home when my cell phone started ringing. I picked up the call without checking the caller ID.

"Hello!", I said.

"Hello Karuna?", Someone asked to be sure that it's me and again it's a girl.

I moved my phone away to check the caller ID. It's again from an unknown number.

"Yes it's Karuna. Who are you?", I answered and enquired back.

"Thank you so much Karuna. Thank you so much.", She thanked me excitedly.

I became confused Who is she? and Why she is thanking me?

"May I know who are you?", I asked.

"It's me, Riya. Thank you Karuna for giving me my Bhaiya back. After so long today I have seen him genuinely getting happy and cheerful.", She said.

After hearing her words I felt so overwhelmed.

"It all happened because of you. If you had not informed me about Raj's past life then all of these were not be possible.", I said.

"I am so happy to have you as my sister in law.", She said happily.

"Same here.", I said and giggled.

Riya also laughed after listening to me.

"Umm! Riya I am in my coaching centre I will call you again after reaching home.", I said.

"Okay bye BHABHI (sister in law).", She shouted loudly and cut the call.

(BHABHI- Indian's addressed there brother's wife as Bhabhi)

I blushed after she address me as her bhabhi but why she called it so loudly? I think she wanted someone else to hear that.

After reaching home I went straight to my room and came to my balcony. It's evening time so the cool wind is blowing outside.

Once again my phone started ringing and I remembered that I have to call Riya.

I came inside and checked my phone. It's Raj calling. I smiled and picked up the call.

"Hello", I said.

"Hi. How's the situation now?", He enquired worriedly.

"Don't worry everything is under control.", I assured him.

"Oh I see! Tsunami didn't cause too much destruction.", He said teasingly.

"Hmm! It did a little bit but you know na I am so strong.", I said proudly.

"Oh really? I had seen that at Reena's house how much strong you are.", He taunted me.

"Hawww! You are taunting me? I am not taking to you, It was your fault you came there that was meant to be my private moment.", I said angrily and disconnected the call.

I hate him. How could he taunt me for such sensitive topic?

"Aaaahhhhhhhh..........", Maa shouted.

Being worried I rushed downstairs to know, What's the matter? Why she shouted so loudly?

I became shocked after knowing the exact reason. Oh God! Rani is standing in the middle of the living hall and she is holding a gun in her hand which she has pointed on my Maa's head. But why?
_______________________________________

✴️What's your opinion about the entire chapter?

✴️Raj and Karuna had their first fight. Are you excited?

✴️What's your opinion about Rani's sudden invasion and that to with a gun?
_______________________________________

Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me)

_______________________________________