46. Promise?

The day is over
But not the responsibilities,
The day is over
But not the opportunities.
The day is over
But life is still going,
The day is over
But hopes are still growing.
The day is over
So that tomorrow you can welcome a brand new day,
The day is over
So that tomorrow you can think about a brand new way.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

I felt a piercing pain on my head and tried to open my eyes. I guess they again blind folded my eyes because after opening my eyes I am unable to see anything.

Realisation hits me, I can open my eyes! Yes, I can feel my eyelids moving unlike last time then why I am not able to see anything?

To make sure that I am not assuming things I lifted my right hand instantly and touched my eyes.

"Auuuuu!", I cried in pain because by mistake I poked on my wound.

I softly stroked my forehead to ease my pain It seems like my wounds are covered with a bandage. May be Heena or Rekha has done it!

I felt something moving under my left palm and being scared I lifted up my hand instantly. What was that? Maybe an insect! Oh God! What if it's a cockroach? I am scared of that creature. Well right now I have lot more creatures in my life whom I should scared of.

"Arrrr! Why can't I see anything? What they did to my eyes?", I said irritatingly.

"No one did anything to your eyes.", Someone said.

Who is it? I feel like I have heard this voice before but where?

I tried to sit down but the pain in my body is so extreme I failed and lie back down and groaned in pain. I heard some footsteps and became alert.

"Don't come near me.", I warned.

I noticed that the footsteps is not coming closer it's going away which means all the time someone was sitting close to me. Oh God! I didn't even realise it. What else he did with me? Did he took the advantage of my unconscious form?

"Agrrrrrrr! Why can't I see anything?", I shouted angrily.

Suddenly brightness filled around and I have to blink my eyes to adjust with the impact of lights.

"Because the lights were turned off.", Answered the same person.

I opened my eyes properly and turned my head to look at him.

"Raj!", I said shockingly.

He smiled and said,

"Yes me. Why? You were expecting someone else?"

I looked around myself and realised that I am in a hospital room. Then I remember everything. Kareena along with police came to rescue me and while hugging her I became unconscious.

Raj sat down on the stool beside me. I once again tried to sit down and he held my hand to help me. He adjusted the pillow behind my back.