45. Stranger

Sometimes you
face difficulties
not because
you are doing
something wrong,
but because
you are doing
something right.

_______________________________________

Raj Pov

I was pacing back and forth while waiting for the doctor or nurse or anyone to come outside of her room so that I can ask them about her condition.

I saw my parents along with Una's parents coming towards my direction.

Mom is looking pathetic I have never seen her like this ever. Because of crying her face became sore and red. Maa is looking even worse than Mom.

Both the mother's came closer to me and asked at the same time.

"How is she?"

I shook my head in denial.

"I don't know the doctor is treating her. I..I have not even seen her.", I said hesitantly while tears were continuously coming out of my eyes.

I hugged both of them tightly and started crying even harder.

"Have faith in God Raj. Karuna is pure soul I believe nothing bad can happen with her.", Mom said while rubbing my back slightly.

Her soothing words helped me to have some control over my emotions.

I composed myself and sat down on the bench while waiting for someone to come out of her room.

My entire family is present here to support me still I feel like I am all alone and incomplete. I need her. Only her presence can give me peace. I am glad that she is out of that danger. Now I just hope she came out of this hospital too.

I saw Karan and Riya hugging each other and crying together. Mom's head is lying on Dad's shoulder while Dad is rubbing her arms soothingly. Paa is sitting beside Maa and trying to console her.

I looked at the door hopefully. I want to hold her tightly in my arms and never let her go away from me. Never ever.

I saw Kareena coming towards us. Initially she was having a cute smile on her face but the moment her eyes landed on everyone she paused and became scared.

Scared! Why? I looked at her confusedly while trying to figure out the reason behind her sudden change of expressions.

Maa saw her coming and instantly rushed towards her direction while Kareena watched her with wide eyes full of horror. Horror!

"I am so proud of you beta.", Maa said while hugging her tightly.

"I am sorry please forgive me", Kareena requested scaredly.

Paa stood up from his seat and went towards their direction and asked,

"Why are you saying sorry beta?"

Kareena looked at him confusedly.

"You...you both are not angry with me?", She enquired hesitantly.

"No beta, In fact we are very proud of you. Mr Shah informed us how bravely you dealt with the entire situation? He even said that without your help it was impossible to bring her back.", Maa said.

All three of them were having their emotional moment when I saw the doctor coming out of her room. I rushed towards him and asked instantly,

"How is she?"

Within seconds all my family members gathered around the doctor to hear him.