27. Surprise Visit

What we do is a
measure of who we are.
If we imagine our
work as labor, we
become laborers. If we
imagine our work as
art, we become artists.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

Successfully I took all my classes and now it's time 'for me' to take leave. Yes, I am the only one who is taking leave.

After finishing my first class I again went to the principal's office to take the permission of half day leave and the best thing was he didn't even protested once and instantly gave me the permission.

But he also put one condition that I have to take all my classes before leaving the school premises which means I took back to back four periods and because of back to back classes I am feeling quite tired but much more excited to surprise everyone specially Raj.

'Ready to get one more shock of the day Mr Raj.', I wishpered.

I booked a private cab to reach home as soon as possible. After few minutes of cab ride I finally reached home.

I paid the cab driver hurriedly and went towards the main gate.

I used me spare key to get inside the house instead of pressing the bell. It's time for surprise.

As I entered the house I saw only my parents and Raj parents are sitting on the couch.

Where is Raj, Riya & Karan?

Suddenly I saw Kareena coming out of the kitchen. I felt so happy after seeing her I think Rahul permitted her to stay with us. Yeah!

Suddenly realisation hits me. Oh my God! Tandel's don't know anything about her. If they will see her here then I don't know how they're going to react?

I wish Kareena don't come Infront of them and again went inside the kitchen.

But what I encountered left me bewildered. Kareena sat down beside Maa and my in laws didn't reacted any indifferently towards her. Wow!

I think Maa & Paa informed them everything about Kareena?

As I was busy thinking all this I didn't saw Raj coming down through the stairs. What was he doing upstairs?

I noticed he is standing in the middle of the stairs and observing me confusedly. It seems like he is trying to figure out that 'Am I actually standing here!' Or 'He is just hallucinating me!'. Hehe.

I lifted my right hand and waved slightly for bringing him back to the reality.

His expression turned from confused to shock.

"Una?", He said which sounded more like question.

He is still confused that I am actually present here and standing in front of him.

After hearing his voice everyone focused their attention towards him and then turned towards my direction by following his line of vision.

The moment they all saw me their expressions filled with joy.

"Karuna you are early today.", Maa said surprisingly.

"Yes Maa, I took half day leave.", I replied.

"Why didn't you informed me? I would have come to pick you up?", Raj enquired.

"I wanted to surprise you all by my surprise visit.", I said.