Chapter 6 - I Am Not Dead

I am not dead. I thought to myself. I am not dead. I repeated and forced myself to peel my eyes open and look around at the room I was in. My eyes were slightly blurry but managed to focus on certain things in the room, with slight difficulty.

I was chained with metal chains to the chair. I tried to wiggle hoping it would loosen the hold it had on my wrists but all the struggle was to no avail.

"I see you are finally awake Arianna." A man that was busy playing with his phone in the corner of the room said.

I tried to wiggle my arms some more.

He laughed, "It is a shame Don wants to kill you. You would have made a great asset to the Vitali family, had you not tied to betray us." He informed me.

"Why am I alive?" I spat out as pain from my whole body engulfed my petite form.

"Because the Don wants you to be." He said as he walked towards me his face became visible in the light.

"Tristiaan?" I gasped as his face formed into a grin.

"In the flesh my darling Arianna." He spat as he chuckled darkly.

"He told you my real name," I said but Tristiaan took it as a question.

"Of course. Vinchenzo can't keep secrets from his favourite person now can he?"

"You are Vinchenzo's favourite person?" I gasped my pain suddenly forgotten.

"I believe I said that mia cara!" Tristiaan responded as he circled the chair I was strapped to. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something different about the way Tristiaan was behaving.

[My dear]

"I don't believe you. It's impossible. You two have nothing in common, I don't understand why he would favour you over Dantè." I added.

"Oh, I am sure you can't see it but it is there. I prefer surprising people with the fact that I am a self-proclaimed psychopath while my dear Don prefers to show his true nature almost immediately."

"Self-proclaimed psychopath." I laughed under my breath, "I trusted you Tristiaan!" I said louder this time so that he could actually hear me.

"Is that so? Well, we have both destroyed our trust in each other. You turned out not to be who you said you are while I am just showing you the true me." Tristiaan said as he threw a knife that missed my face with a few inches.

I had a weird feeling that Tristiaan had missed on purpose. It was like it was his 'self-proclaimed psychopath' way of sending me a warning.

A few moments later the door banged open. Tristiaan looked up and straightened his posture.

"I quite enjoyed the show you both displayed." The voice said, the figure was still in the shadows of the room not allowing me to see his face. I did not need to see his face to know that it was Vinchenzo himself.

"She is quite feisty this one." Tristiaan said before he turned and winked at me, "I am still rather confused as to why we did not kill her already."

"I like her spirit." Vinchenzo grinned as he stepped forward the knife he had been spinning in his office was in his hand, the ruby on the handle was gleaming.

"What is your favourite shape, Ariana?" Vinchenzo asked, his voice was tinged with an Italian accent.

I did not respond.

"This again?" He laughed, "I will carve two lines on your face with this knife. Would you like to know why I chose a line?" He asked as though he was speaking to a little child.

"No," I responded defiantly.

"Interesting. Did you hear that? Our darling little agent does not want to hear the reason as to why she will bleed out and die because of her cheeks. I will however tell you regardless." He said and stood a step closer.

Vinchenzo leaned closer, his mint breath fanning on my face. He ran the knife gently against my face without drawing any blood.

"A line symbolises the end for you. I will kill you and you will not bother me any longer." He explained.

"Like that makes sense," I scoffed.

"I guess it shouldn't matter to you anyway. You are dead meat." Vinchenzo laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Hit me with it! I'm a trained agent!" I yelled and spat in Vinchenzo's face.

He wiped his face with his hand before he turned around and stabbed the knife right into my shoulder. I closed my eyes trying my best not to release a sound. I did not want Vinchenzo or his psychopath brother to feel any satisfaction from inflicting pain on me.

"Damn it!" Tristiaan laughed, "I was hoping she would scream."

"Too bad I didn't." I spat at him.

"Oh, she will be screaming alright. When I amputate all her fingers one by one and allow her to bleed out before I pull out chunks of her hair." He grinned.

"I like the sound of that," Tristiaan said as he approached and threw a lunch at my face causing me to spit out blood.

"You're so weak!" I yelled, "Hitting a female!" I hissed.

"You're no female to me, darling," He snorted before he threw another punch, in my gut and I groaned.

"She made a noise!" Vinchenzo grinned as he approached with his knife.

What he did not expect was me lifting my leg and kicking him straight in the groin. I gasped when he never even winced.

"The wrong choice," He hissed as he grabbed his blade and cut a deep cut into my cheek.

I screamed as the blood began to flow out the cut and down my face and began to drip on my clothes, the chair and all along the floor.

My cheek was pulsing and felt strangely warm as I struggled in the chair someone. I began praying that some miracle would occur but Vinchenzo came at me again, this time the knife on his left hand.

He came close. Too close. As he invaded my personal space our eyes locked, his filled with determination mine most likely filled with fear.

Then he threw the knife and left the room as he muttered something in Italian under his breath.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to make this author's note to thank all of you for your support of this book! I really do appreciate it :)

I have decided to update FIVE chapters including. Make sure you so read the other four after this :)

How are you guys finding the book so far?

Don't forget to tap on the star to vote and comment your thoughts, see you in the next update!