Chapter 17 - Chained

"Lock her to the steel chair and make sure she is guarded at all times. Don't let her out of your sight." I heard Dantè say as a loud, creaky sound was heard.

I lifted my head and looked around. I was in another torture room. The horrid stench of blood filled my nostrils as I slowly became aware of my surroundings. My eyelids felt heavy and I had to make effort to keep them open as I registered my paralysed state.

I tried to open my mouth but I couldn't. I tried hard to but my mouth felt heavy and numb. I had been paralysed was the first thought that came to mind. That jerk had sedated me when he attacked me! I thought to myself realising that was the point of him coming into the room like a savage.

"Is she out?" Dantè called out as I heard a whole bunch of things clatter to the floor.

"Yes sir." Another voice, a male, that I didn't recognise responded.

"Good. Stuff her in the back." I heard Dantè say as I tried my best to gain control over my mouth.

A burly man approached me. He held silver handcuffs and three sets of keys in his right hand. He unlocked the door to my cage and marched in. I immediately shut my eyes, I would use his ignorance to my advantage. I felt him brush my hair as the stench of sweat filled my nostrils.

"Pretty little thing aren't ya?" He murmured as he grabbed both my limp hands and placed the metal cuffs locking them into place. They felt really cold against my skin.

He then placed his arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground.

"What are we doing to this one?" I heard a high pitched voice ask.

"Boss gave strict instructions to not harm her." The man carrying me said.

"But she's got red hair. Vinny hates red heads." The girl answered.

Who was she? Why was she calling him 'Vinny' and not Vitali? I wondered as I remained limp. I was beginning to get some of my senses back. I could smell, hear, feel and probably see had I attempted to close my eyes. My body just felt weak and limp and wouldn't do anything like I wanted it to.

"Francesca, it's your brother's orders."

"I am well aware of that, James. I wonder what it is about her that intrigues him." Francesca said.

"This one's feisty." Dantè said, "I think her wild nature and defiance attracts the Don to her."

"Vinchenzo always liked hot tempered girls. Prendila nel bagagliaio della macchina. I miei genitori stanno aspettando di accoglierla alla nostra famiglia, ufficialmente." Francesca went on to say.

[Get her in the trunk of the car. my parents are waiting to welcome her to our family, officially.]

"Si." Dantè said immediately, "Get her to the car now."

[Yes]

"Yes sir."

The ride was long and boring with many bumps. I was strapped to the back of a white truck and during the entire ride I had gotten back most of my muscle control.  Flexing my fingers, I felt good because I could feel the blood moving around in them.

Looking around the back of the truck I noticed that it was filled with heavy-looking crates that were stuffed with black packaging. I didn't touch it just in case it set of an alarm.

I was startled when I felt the truck come to an abrupt stop. I heard men yelling. Multiple gunshot sounds were heard. Dislocating both my thumbs I released my hands from the handcuffs. I felt tears prick my eyes as I pushed them back in. The clicking sound caused a shiver to run down my back.

Flexing all my fingers I grimaced as a sharp pain flew up my entire arm. I looked around for some weaponary and saw a box that was semi closed. I pulled the heavy, wooden lid off and peered inside... it was filled with guns.

I grabbed three carts guns, not caring that I was stealing. I wasn't expecting them to open so when they didn't I wasn't surprised. I tried kicking the door by the latch but it was all to no avail. I began banging against the metal hoping someone would hear the noise and come to my aid.  A few minutes after all the banging the door swung open to reveal a tall man holding a bloody gun in his hand. I gasped as I saw him fall down onto the ground in a pile of his own blood that was seeping from the three wounds on his arm.

I stepped out of the truck and my hopea deflated when I realised that tge fight wasn't between the FBI and the Vitali's. Rather it was a full scale mafia war with knives and guns. I immediately began shooting at the five men who had Dantè pinned.

"Watch out!" I heard Tristiaan call as he dove in front of me, his body ricocheted and fell to the ground with a loud thud  before blood began seeping out onto his white shirt.

"Tristiaan!" I gasped as I saw him lying on the ground breathing rapidly, I immediately ripped his shirt off and formed it into a clump to stop him from losing too much blood.

"I..." Tristiaan breathed out, "I... always... knew that... you wanted... to see me... shirtless Ari." He grunted breathlessly.

I rolled my eyes, "Instead of making comments save your energy so that we can get you to the nearest hospital."

"How is she awake and how did she get out of the truck?" I heard Vinchenzo shout as he looked at me.

A burly looking man saw me holding the shirt against Tristiaan with wide eyes.

"You said she was sedated James!" The girl who I assumed to be Francesca said as she marched towards me, her gun withdrawn.

"She was!" The burly man called as he wiped the blood on his hands on his jeans.

"I was." I agreed with him staring Francesca in the eye.

I couldn't lie to you and tell you that she was ugly. Francesca Vitali was the opposite, she was very beautiful, very majestic and appeared to be flawless. She carried herself in a way that showed her dominance and power. Her dark brown hair and onyx brown eyes gave her that dominating power that she held.

"She speaks." Trevor, Tristiaan's twin, said as he walked towards me standing beside Francesca.

"You've heard me speak before, moron." I spat in his direction.

"Don't be rude, Red." Vinchenzo said as he laughed and made his way towards Tristiaan and I.

"You're friend is here losing blood at a rapid rate and instead of calling a doctor to help you stand here and lecture me about how to be kind. Maybe you should be the one to take those lessons, you need them." I spat towards Vinchenzo.

"Questo sputa il veleno come un cobra. Mi piace il suo spirito." Francesca said.

[This one spits venom like a cobra. I like her spirit.]

"Non la ammira, Franny. La odio. Lei è quel fastidioso pezzo di bubblegum bloccato sulla mia scarpa Prada." Vinchenzo said and at that moment Trevor burst out laughing while I rolled my eyes, making sure to keep the pressure steady.

[I don't admire her, Franny. I hate her. She is that annoying piece of bubblegum stuck on my prada shoe.]

"Non essere scortese." Chided Francesca and slapped Trevor's arm.

[Don't be rude.]

"Sorry." Trevor muttered rolling his eyes.

"Well?" I demanded, "Has anyone called the doctor?"

Hey Guys!

Here is another chapter, I'm really excited to hear your thoughts about Vinchenzo!

If you liked this chapter don't forget to click on the star below and leave your thoughts in the comment section.

I'll see you next update.

Xoxo
Perla