Chapter 16 - Little Butterfly

I woke up a with a pounding headache. I sniffed the horrid smell that was surrounding me when I realised it was my blue cerulean scheme outfit was drenched with vomit.

The light that was streaming in from the curtains hurt my eyes and increased the awful pain in my head. I looked around the room a little disorientated as I didn't know where I was.

On the night stand I found two aspirins and a glass of water that looked nice and refreshing. There was a small note folded next to it. With shaky fingers I unfolded it and looked at the words which were scrawled elegantly in a neat script.

Use the water to down both pills. Don't think you're getting out of work, Red.
- Vitali

I rolled my eyes and winced as the effort hurt my head. I grabbed the pills and threw them down my throat and drank the water after them immediately. I hated that feeling that occurred when medicine was busy sliding itself down my throat.

The door slammed open and I looked up with fright. Vinchenzo stormed in his gun drawn as I backed away from him.

"Wha- what are you doing?" I gasped as he removed the safety.

He carried on forward stalking towards me. I was rooted in my spot my brain searching for ways to remove the gun from his hand before he could fire at me. I finally decided my course of action and ran full speed at him and jumped on him taking a hold of his gun.

I knocked him to the ground and twisted his hand so that his vice grip loosened on his gun. I managed to pull it away, my heart beat was now more pronounced and my head was aching terribly.

I left the safety off and aimed it at Vinchenzo's head. He lay on the ground a semi frown gracing his face.

"What's wrong with you?" I said my breathing still heavy.

"Perché mi hai attaccato?" He said as I sighed and cocked the gun.

[Why did you attack me?]

"Don't speak Italian or I will shoot your arm!" I hissed.

"Mi piace una signora graduata." He said with a mocking smile.

[I do like a feisty lady.]

"I'm warning you Vinchenzo!" I said jabbing the gun into his arm.

"I'm not scared of you." He said with a laugh, "You're like a piccola farfalla." He added in a lazy tone.

[Little butterfly.]

"A what?" I said.

"A little butterfly Red." He said with a wicked grinned and within a second he had the gun at my poor arm.

"I'm flattered." I said with a scoff.

"I'm sure. Qualsiasi signora da complimentare da me è molto fortunata. " He said in a low, husky voice.

[Any lady to be complimented by me is very lucky Red.]

"Whatever you said sounded extremely cocky and arrogant." I coughed.

"It was not. You don't understand what I said anyways." He said getting off me and placing his gun into his back pocket.

"That's true. Would you be a darling and explain what the hell you said earlier?" I asked.

He chuckled and shook his head, "No."

"Even if I say please?"

"Manners do not help you in my case... nor does a puppy dog face." He said pushing me off of him quickly as he headed to the drawers by the king sized bed.

"Oh dear." I sighed as I sat on the floor running my fingers through my red hair.

"I believe you have your job to get to." Vinchenzo said as he stood by the mirror fixing his hair in the reflection.

"I don't have a clean suit. I vomited over my one if you didn't notice." I said with a sigh as I stood up.

"That's why there are spare jumpsuits. Siena will give you one should something like this happen again." He said shrugging on his suit jacket.

"Okay." I said not happy about going back to work.

"I did tell you that you weren't going out of work, Red." He said smugly.

"I know. You're evil." I moaned.

"I didn't claim to be otherwise. Now get out of bedroom!" He commanded.

"No." I said.

"Do you want to die?" He asked with a grin as he grabbed his gun again.

"Not particularly no." I shrugged.

"Then leave, Red. Leave before I kill you." He hissed.

"Why are you so rude and so intolerable?" I asked with a frustrated groaned.

"You seem to forget that I am the Don. Il capo. I am not here to play games with you, I am not here to befriend you. You are here to serve your sentence." He said.

[The boss]

"I know, it wouldn't kill you to be nice for once." I grumbled as I walked out the room

"It would. Being nice is stupid. Only people who have issues are kind to others. Don't you see?" He asked, "All people do is screw you over. They mess with you and get what you want and then toss you aside like a ragged doll. Don't get your hopes up with me, Red. You'll be sorely disappointed." He added.

"I never said I wanted a relationship, Vinchenzo." I said turning around, "I never even claimed to like you. I don't know where all this is coming from."

"I sense that you have high hopes for me. Don't flatter yourself into thinking you can change me, this way of living has been engraved into me ever since I was a child. I was born to lead my family to safety and to the future and that is what I will do. Whoever dies along the way dies. It's not my fault that they were at the place at the precise time." He said.

"You're going to be miserable for the rest of your life. No woman will marry you." I spat.

"I don't agree. There are plenty of mafia princess's who will do me the honour any moment I please. You are not special, Red. That is a sad truth you should face." He said and walked past me out the door, slamming it behind him.

I sat on the floor and buried my face in between my knees.

"I hate you Vinchenzo."

Hey Guys!

I hope you had an awesome weekend.

Don't forget to click the star below to vote and make sure to leave your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it 😊💙

Xoxo
Perla