Chapter 33 - Joining

The room was rather cold and serious. I found small things suspicious and I was constantly scared. I was always afraid that someone would eventually notice that I knew a lot more then what I was saying and all I had was those drama lessons in high school to rely on.

I gripped the wheel tightly as I swerved to the right following Luciano's car. We were both going to be deserting our cars somewhere and joining the Stalias family. The 'V' scar on my palm had actually healed and after I applied some ointment and medical cream on it, it had healed better than what I had expected.

I saw Luciano's indicator blink to the right. I turned mine on and got out my car before leaving the key under the mat. I grabbed a black hoodie that belonged to Vinchenzo and took it with me along with my cellphone and small bag of supplies that the FBI supplied for us.

"Let's get this show on the road." Luciano said as he pulled up his light brown coloured pants and walked forward towards the treeline.

"Sent the message?" I asked him as I followed after him, my red hair pulled into a messy bun on the top of my head.

He nodded his head, "A crew will be here to collect them within an hour or two."

"That's good I suppose." I commented.

"Would you like to go over the plan once more?" He asked me as he tapped around on his watch.

I shook my head, "We will be fine. Lee made me memorise the bloody thing." I said rolling my eyes.

"William is a good director. You don't give him a lot of credit." He said to me.

Well he is after the guy I am in love with and the guy who loves me back. He wants me to put the man I love behind bars of course I don't care about how good his directing skills are! Is what I wanted to say but I chose not to. I had made it this far and I didn't want to ruin the progress. Who knew? Maybe Luciano will be of great help to me in the future.

"I do." I said.

He shrugged, "I'm so glad I'm getting rid of this family. It is the one I despise most." He growled.

I nodded my head, "It is the worst one. They all have no morals and no compassion. They aren't human."

"I agree with you on that. They need to stop and take a look at what effect they are having on our world."

"A negative effect too." I added as I climbed over the large rock in the middle of the path we were taking.

Luciano and I were now somewhere in the middle of the woods. We were surrounded by trees all around us and I couldn't help but feel rather nervous. My eyes were constantly checking and surveying our surroundings.

"How much further?" I asked as I rubbed my arms.

"Just a little more ahead. We stop for a break, eat the food and then ditch the bags." He explained reminding me of the preset plan.

"How are we going to make them want to recruit us?" I asked.

Luciano rolled his eyes, "If you were paying attention Agent Dawson you would know that they recruit anyone who looks remotely lost."

"Let's hope they actually recruit or this will be a waste of time." I said as I checked my smartphone only to realise that there was no service out here in the middle of nowhere.

"They will. Have faith Arianna." Luciano said as he looked at the watch on his wrist.

"Think they will find out who we are?" I asked as we walked at the same pace, side by side.

"It will be a huge disaster if they do."

"We will then be as good as dead." I said and he nodded his head as he looked around surveying the area.

"We're on the right track. We'll be fine. Think positive." He assured me as he winked at me.

I nodded my head and smiled as I played with my fingers. My mind went back to Vinchenzo and I wondered what he was doing? Who he could possibly be torturing now?

I sighed as I watched Luciano stop and the tree lines thinning. I watched as he put some leaves in his hair and ripped his shirt before grabbing some sand off the floor and rubbing it in to make it look messy. It brought back memories of when I had infiltrated the Vitali base and had done similar things in order to make my story seem more believable.

"Well?" Luciano asked as he looked at me, "Aren't you going to do the same? We need to look rugged." He explained to me as he grabbed a handful of dry leaves ready to sprinkle them into my hair.

I sighed, "No pine needles though." I warned and he nodded as he put in some leaves.

"Do you want to do the sand part or should I?" He asked me with a gentle smile.

"I'll do it." I said in a resigned manner.

To say I was scared was an understatement. I was terrified and I couldn't possibly know what was waiting for me. Iñigo was absolutely viscious and he had no morals and I could bet he believed he was God.

He wasn't afraid to pull the trigger and end someone's life in a matter of seconds. He was careless and didn't care that the FBI and the cops were after him ready to shove him behind bars at the smallest of mistakes.

Grabbing some sand into my hands I smeared it onto my clothing. I felt awkward doing this as Luciano watched me. I carried on adding some sand to my leggings before I dusted both hands and stood up high.

"Let's go." I said simply as I messed my hair up.

"Hopefully they want us." Luciano added as he gave me a small hug, "But don't worry Ari. We will get out of this mafia family alive."

"I hope so." I muttered.

Hey Guys!

Here is today's update and I'm curious to know your thoughts on it?

Don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section. See you next update ;)

Xoxo
Perla