Chapter 22 - Reasoning

"I realised that I really liked you and you deserved something really nice." He said as he looked away not meeting my eyes.

"Well this is really nice and thoughtful of you I suppose." I said gesturing to the restaurant.

"I'm glad you like it then. I guess you could ask me a few questions if you'd like." He said, "To get to know me of course!" He added on as a second thought.

I smiled, "I will start with the basics. What is your favourite colour?"

"I like red."

"Why?"

"The colour is beautiful. It reminds me of power and victory. Also, I think you look amazing in it!" He grinned with a sly smirk.

"Thanks." I blushed as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Alright my turn to ask a question." He said as he looked around the booth.

"What is your dream job?" He asked me.

I sighed, "I have always wanted to be a spy. So I guess being an agent is my dream job. I like the danger and possibility of death. The adrenaline the comes with it is an amazing and I love that."

"Well I didn't expect that." He said looking rather impressed with my answer.

"What did you expect?"

"Well I assumed that you would want to be something along the lines of a model or doctor." He said, "I like that you're passionate about your ex job."

"In high school I did want to be a dentist but then I realised being a spy was more my thing. However, I would never become a model I'm not that pretty nor am I that tall."

Vinchenzo shook his head and leaned forward grabbing my hand on the table, "I think you're absolutely beautiful. Your red hair and blue eyes are exquisite. Your figure is absolute perfection, you don't need to change anything to become a model."

I flushed red under his intense gaze, "Thank you but I still don't wish to be a model."

"Alright that is your choice."

"I know."

We remained in silence as we looked through all the food choices. The menu was written in both English and Italian.

"Are you ready to order?" He asked me.

I nodded, "I will just have some pasta with white sauce."

"Alright." He said and tapped a small button near the centre of our table.

A few minutes later a waitress that look round about the age of nineteen walked in. She look absolutely terrified, her hands were shaking nervously as she approached our table.

"Hi my name is Morgan and I will be your server tonight." Morgan said after she took in a deep breath, "Would you like to order your drinks now and food later or would you like to order both now?" She asked looking at me as I gave her a small smile to relax her.

"Both." Vinchenzo grunted.

"Can I please have pasta with the white sauce?" I smiled as she wrote it down in her notebook.

"Anything to drink ma'am?" She asked me with a more confident smile.

"Just some peach ice tea." I told her and she nodded scribbling it down.

"What would you like to order?" She asked turning to Vinchenzo who was looking at me, a weird expression on his face.

He said something in Italian which Morgan nodded and wrote down.