Chapter 44 - Unknown Territory

"Where were you yesterday? I get back to my compound and neither you or that bastard are anywhere to be found." Vinchenzo hissed as he took a drag from his lit cigar.

"We headed out. Had some ice cream together. Went thrift shopping too." I shrugged casually as I took a seat in front of Vinchenzo's desk.

"You went on a date with him?" He sputtered out as he glared at me.

I shook my head, "I know that's what it sounds like but it was a friendly outing..." I sighed, "I promise."

"My girlfriend will not be going out with men. I don't like that. I don't tolerate it. I like loyal girls!" he hissed as he put out his cigar and tossed it into the metal trashcan near to his desk.

"I didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled.

"Kissing in the car? That's cheating, Arianna." He said shaking his head as he tapped against the desk with his long, slender fingers, "It's an embarrassment to me. One of the most trusted men in this family and my girlfriend decide to head out on a date... while you're still in a relationship with me!" He yelled as he slammed his fists against the table.

"We did not kiss!" I yelled back.

"Francesca saw you! She saw you two together in the Mercedes. She saw you! Stop lying!" He shouted while I felt tears begin to pool in my eyes.

"I didn't kiss him." I said softly, my voice breaking as I formed the words slowly and gently.

"My sister saw you."

"She is lying to you! Why can't you see that she hates me? She can't stand me. No matter what I do she always criticises me, threatens me and practically makes me feel like a dog that has her collar on my neck." I said upset.

"Franny doesn't lie. That's your reputation. You're the liar and I accepted you and chose to look past it." He gritted out as he stood up.

"I should've killed you. I should kill you now." He hissed as he came towards me.

"Kill me, Vinchenzo. Kill me." I glared at him defiantly.

"Sei molto coraggioso. Nessuno mi ha chiesto di togliermi la vita prima, mi implora sempre a." He said while I sighed and rolled my eyes.

[You are very brave. No one has asked me to take their life before, always begging me not to.]

"Back to the Italian?" I groaned as I rubbed my eyelids.

"Yes. I am entitled to speak whatever language I wish." He said as he walked out grabbing his trench coat.

I stood up and followed him out, "What do you want me to do? Apologise for something I did not do? A crime I was accused of committing yet never did?" I called out.

"Franny saw you. I have an eyewitness." He said and rolled his green eyes.

"Francesca lied!" I yelled.

"She would not lie to me! For heavens sake! She is my blood sister!" He hissed.

"She would do anything to tear us apart!" I cried as I headed back into his office.

I heard his rapid footsteps cluttering noisily against the floor. I knew he was following me.

"She doesn't hate you. You think that. I asked her when you addressed this issue previously and she swore she doesn't. You're just imagining things and making sure that you have a reason to blame your cheating on!" He yelled as he shut the door behind him which i was grateful for. I didn't want the whole compound to think I had cheated on him.

"I didn't cheat Vinchenzo!  I don't understand what makes you think like that." I yelled.

"Liar." He seethed, "You're a blood liar Arianna Dawson."

"What can I do to prove it to you?" I challenged.

"Nothing can fix the damage you caused. Get out of my sight!" He hissed.

"Call Tristiaan!" I yelled, "Let him tell you we didn't do anything! He is my alibi!" I yelled as I sat down on the chair again.

"He will lie and defend you!" He yelled back.

I rolled my eyes, "He will not! He is more loyal to you. I'm a nobody!" I explained.

"At least you know where you stand in this social circle." He said before he began dialing someone on his phone.

He spoke in Italian and only a few moments later the door was opened and in walked the cause of the problem. Francesca Vitali.

She was dressed in a short black dress, her hair was curled in a fancy updo and her lips were painted a bright red. She looked absolutely stunning and suddenly thinking of my own reflection I felt really ugly. I could not compare with her.

"Tell her." Vinchenzo demanded angrily.

"Tell her what, Vinny?" She asked with a coy smile. She knew exactly what he wanted her to tell me.

"What you saw her and that boy do in the car." He said as he sighed.

"You kissed him. I saw you kiss him." She smiled innocently as if she had not just messed up my relationship with her brother.

"I have not kissed anyone!" I sighed as I pulled my red hair into a messy bun on top of my hand.

"Vinchenzo tell her." Francesca suddenly said.

"No." He said.

"Vinny!" Francesca whined, "You need to her. This poor delusional girl!" She said as she looked at me with pity.

"Tell me what, Vinchenzo?" I asked angrily.

"Francesca shut up!" He demanded, "She doesn't need to know."

"Know what?" I asked.

"If you don't tell her I will." Francesca threatened.

Hey Guys!

Looks like Franny is getting all worked up... oh no I wonder what he is hiding 😊

Don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section !!!

Xoxo
Perla 💗