Chapter 29 - Director Lousy

"You're alive." Director Lousy - sorry Lee - said as he walked into the room holding a fat green file with his right hand.

"I am," I said as I yawned.

"I thought you died." He said with a frown as he put his file and coffee cup down on the table and sat down in the comfortable office chair he had.

I laughed, "You can't get rid of me that easy, Director." I said to him with a small smirk.

"I knew you'd be great. What information did you get on the family?" He asked. He got his notebook and pen out along with his recorder.

"I gathered some evidence. Learnt a couple of things. Honestly, they're not as bad as the media makes them out to be." I shrugged.

"Are you insane?" He roared, "You go undercover with a mafia family and you come out saying they're not as bad? Did you smack your head?" He roared, his chubby face turning red, I could swear his dark brown eyes turned red for a second.

"That's what I'm saying," I said keeping my cool, "Not much of a bad influence." I lied.

"They're criminals Arianna." He said as he looked around his office.

"Sort of." I shrugged, "They are actually quite reserved. Treat their women with respect too." I said not telling him about the awful encounter I had with Lucas in the Cerulean Scheme.

"I'm shocked. Do you know how is the leader? The head of this organisation?" He asked me.

Trevor had predicted this question. I schooled my expression before I shook my head.

"No. The leader doesn't make appearances, he has the Beta's who communicate with the rest of the crew the orders given by the mysterious man." I lied.

"What useful information do you have?" He asked me.

I pretended to think, "Weapons they have a lot of those."

Director Lee's eyes went wide, "What type? Bombs?"

"No, mostly knives." I lied again while I relaxed into the seat and kept my fingers busy.

I could hear my own heart rate as I looked around the office. The musty smell bringing back memories of when I used to come here to get a mission briefing.

"How did you get out?" He finally asked.

I shrugged, "I snuck out and got into the back of a yellow Audi. It had no number plate. I sat in the boot until they made a stop and then I hopped out and walked on the road until a man helped me out. I asked him to drive me here which he did." I said reciting what I had learnt.

"How much security?" He asked as he bit his pen.

"I didn't see. We weren't allowed out. Besides, I was in the boot so I did not see much." I explained remembering what Trevor had explained.

"Hmm," Director Lee said while I sighed, "We will send you to interrogation tomorrow. If you want you can also input the new data into the database. Blaze will  be there to assist you."

"I don't need Blaze. I know how to use the server!" I insisted.

Delete the data. Delete the data. Delete the data. I thought to myself as I followed Director Lee out of his office and down the familiar hallway. We took several rights turns with the sound of our footsteps filling the silence.

Two doors that were encrypted opened for us once Director Lee tapped his tag against the tap mechanism. We walked through to a very cold, well-lit room that was heavily guarded.

Database 122 read the sign that was hung on the metal door. Director Lee threw open the door and led me in.

"Blaze will be here shortly to assist you. Don't touch anything." He warned as he stepped back out leaving me with computers.

A few moments later a young man with dark brown hair walked in. He held a whole bunch of keys and a name tag.

"Blaze." He said as he held his hand out.

"Agent Dawson." I introduced myself.

"Fancy." He grinned raising an eyebrow, "You've been here for how long exactly?"

"Many years," I said not giving him extra information.

"Interesting. I've never seen you 'round here before." He added.

"I was on a field mission not that it is any of your business," I said spitefully as I watched him put in three passwords only to be bombarded by face recognition encryption and other biometric stuff.

I would never be able to hack this. I thought to myself as I closely watched the whole process go down.

Then it suddenly hit me. I was betraying people I trusted... for what? A criminal. A mafia leader. Yet, that mafia leader was one I loved and unfortunately I would probably walk through fire for him.

I felt rather overwhelmed with the sudden revelation. I, Arianna Dawson, was in love with a mobster and I didn't even mind the thought.

At first, I was always the one delivering justice and now I was on the wrong side. Tempting fate if I must. Yet, I couldn't help myself to regret the choices I had made.

My father was a perfect example and he was alive right and right in front of my eyes. He was devoted to my mother and they loved each other beyond the normal. He never remarried and he always treasured the thought of her no matter what.

"Enter it." Blaze said out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked blinking back to reality.

"Enter the new data." He said and handed me the wireless computer mouse.

I sat on the leather stool and looked at the screen displayed in front of me. I could so easily tap the delete button and all the information they had on the Vitali family would vanish and be no more. It was so easy, so simple.

The chance to fulfil what they wanted of me was right in front of my eyes. There was no one in the room. Blaze, had stepped out. I was alone. There was no one to stop me and no one watching me.

Yet for some unknown, forsaken reason I could not bring myself to click the delete button.