Chapter 27 - Agent 007

"Understood?" Trevor growled as I nodded my head.

"Understood." I repeated as Vinchenzo hugged and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Goodluck, my love." He whispered.

"Will you come for me?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Of course I will. You're my girlfriend after all."

"I will call you." I said as I walked out the room and followed Trevor to his black SUV.

Trevor was going to drop me off in a small forest that I could navigate on my own. Vinchenzo had also had trackers implanted in my earrings, trackers that could also record everything and stream it back to the underground centre of the Vitali family.

I just wished I could say goodbye to Sienna but I was not allowed to. She had to remain in her room and although she was recovering nicely, Dantè wasn't allowing her do anything. In fact, he had denied me when I asked him to visit her.

The car ride with Trevor was rather long. He was quite funny and he seemed more relaxed, he'd finally stopped calling me 'the rat' or referring to me by other derogatory terms that he usually referred to me by.

"That was a good joke." I said as I inhaled some fresh air.

"Thank you," He said looking at me his sunglasses perched on the top of his head, "We're here. Do us well." He said before he handed me the small bag that was specifically made for this event.

"If they find out you know the codes. We will send back up immediately." He said and I nodded.

"I know." I nodded as I pulled on my hat and made my way to the tree line without looking back.

I did my best to stay in the shade of the trees. The sun was hot and blinding. I absolutely hated it but I had to go through with this. I kept on having flashbacks to the conversation I had with Vinchenzo.

"You know I'll go through with it for you. I happen to care about you a lot you know." I whispered.

"I can't thank you enough. Francesca was so sure you wouldn't come through for us." He said as he sipped his red wine.

"Your sister just hates me for no reason." I whined as I put down my fork rather harshly.

"She's a tough cookie to crack. She'll come round." He said dismissing the whole situation.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked as I rolled my eyes at the thought of his arrogant sister.

"I need you to work undercover. Find out whatever the FBI needs from us and destroy all evidence it is in possession of." He said, rather commanded, as he took a bite of the steak in his plate.

"Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?" I said as I choked back a laugh, "I disappear for months and then come back unscathed. I think you need to do some damage on me." I admitted as I looked away.

"Never." He said without missing a heartbeat.

"Then how can I go in?" I asked, "They'll be suspicious of me."

"We'll come up with a fool proof story and 'evidence'," He created quotation marks in the air, "And you'll say you never got caught. Your acting is so good we never caught you and you managed to escape."

"Fine. Only because I like you. If they catch me I'm dead. Like buried a million feet under dead." I said.

I trudged forward as more memories of that day dawned over my mind. The backpack on my back felt rather heavy but it was filled with supplies for me. Vinchenzo ensured there was a lot of water and some food to eat while out here.

He knew I hated trekking in the wild. Camping was definelty something I hated to do. Bugs and mosquito bites weren't something I liked, I preferred to just avoid the scene. That also explained why my body was so sticky and shiny, Vinchenzo made sure that my skin was covered with repellent and sunscreen which I was definelty grateful for.

The only thing I was worried about were coming across snakes. I was trained to kill it but the softer, more feminine side of me couldn't possibly kill a living creature but in a life or death situation I unfortunately would have to let the snake go and no longer be apart of this world.

I climbed over rocks and under branches. My red hair getting caught in some tree bark occasionally. I was thirsty and I was sweating like a pig. Grabbing the cell phone, I realised I had no cell service.

I sat down under the tree that provided a lot of shade. I rested my head against the trunk as I slowly sipped my water and began imagining different scenarios. Either Director Lee would assume that he was seeing the dead, he would either rejoice, or he would send me in for interrogation to see what I learnt during my stay in the 'underworld' as he calls it.

I didn't want to expose Vinchenzo and the Vitali crew. They all had a special space in my heart and didn't ever make me feel outcasted especially Sienna.

I looked up at the sky and groaned out loud. It was getting darker. I got up and dusted my jeans hoping to make it out before it was too dark to see. I shuddered at all the possible animals that would come out, searching for their next prey.

I took to a light jog and headed for my destination. Hours passed and it was too dark to see where I was going. My eyes watered as I looked around waiting for the lions roar or a tigers growl. I may like tigers but I preferred to see them in pictures only, not in real life.

Climbing a tree was out of the question because what about the monkeys? Or leopards? They did climb trees. If I woke up alive tommorrow I knew I was extremely lucky.

Hey Guys!

This was kind of a "filler" chapter but it was necessary so you know her journey.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to tap the star below and leave your thoughts in the comment section 💖

Xoxo
Perla