Chapter 40 - Fallen Angel

It was dark. It smelled horrible and my arms were filled with crusty dry blood that still stunk. My eyes were open but I couldn't see anything. I didn't know the time or the day. I had been in here for what felt like years although I knew that in reality, it was a couple of hours.

I was alone, lost in my thoughts when the door was slammed open. My eyes struggled to adjust to the bright light that was filtering into the room.

"C'mon!" I heard Alessandro say as he untied the ropes that held my wrist.

"What is going on?" I whispered to him as he picked me up off the freezing chair.

"Vinchenzo is here. We need to leave before someone sees me with you." He whispered as he walked out of the room and began to run with me in his arms.

"I feel dizzy," I murmured against his warm chest.

"You lost a lot of blood," Alessandro said to me as he walked out of the compound and into a bunch of trees.

I couldn't really register what was going on around me. I wanted to throw up but I had nothing left in me too. I was hungry and tired, being dizzy was just the cherry on top.

"Luciano!" I screamed as I remembered that he was still trapped, "We need to get him. He has evidence against Stalias." I cried out.

"I will go back in for him. I need to get you to Adriano and Alessio or Vinchenzo will have my head on a silver platter. You're the priority." He told me as he continued speed walking through the woods.

"Lei ha perso sangue. Hai bisogno di trattarla immediatamente!" Alessandro called out in Italian.

[She has lost blood. You need to treat her immediately!]

"Il dottore è qui con noi. Lui ti aiuterà!" A man answered Alessandro.

[The doctor is here with us. He will help her!]

"Listen, I'm leaving you here with Adriano and Alessio. They will protect you. The doctor is with them so he will treat you and make sure you are safe and okay." Alessandro told me.

I nodded as he handed me over to the man who I knew was Alessio. I knew that Alessio and Adriano were brothers and they were also Vinchenzo's security guards who basically went with him everywhere. I knew this because Sienna had told me at one point during our deep conversations.

"I'm taking you to the doctor agent," Alessio said to me as he walked over to what looked like a small tent.

"Arianna. We meet again." The doctor who treated Sienna said to me with a small smile before he looked at my bloody clothes and the crusty blood on my skin.

I gave him a weak smile, "I look a mess don't I?" I asked as Adriano gave me a small pillow to rest my head on.

"Your dizziness is normal because you lost a lot of blood. I have some blood packs here so that we can give you a quick transfusion. I'm surprised you're still awake and able to function with all this blood loss." He said.

"The FBI trained me to be able to survive and think," I said as he ruffled through papers.

"Do you know your blood type? Vitali told me it was O positive." He said to me as he put on a pair of black-rimmed glasses and pushed them up his nose using his index finger.

"Vinchenzo is correct," I said.

"Adriano!" The doctor called as he looked towards the door of the tent.

"Yes, Steven?" Adriano said as he peered in and gave me a small smile.

"I need your help. Come hold Arianna's arm tightly." Steven said as Adriano climbed in and grabbed my hand. He held it tight by the bicep while Steven tied something around it.

"Scared of needles?" He asked me whilst I shook my head.

"No," I answered.

Steven pushed the needle gently into the vein that had popped up. He then connected it to the blood packet that was hanging on what looked like a metal coat hanger.

"You can release your hand, Adriano." Steven said and Adriano let go.

"I'm putting you to sleep so you don't feel the effects okay?" He asked and I nodded.

He pushed a cloth near my nose and I was out blank.

***

"She's slowly waking up. Don't frighten her!" I heard doctor Steven say as I flicked open my eyelids.

"Don, she's fine." I heard Alessio say.

"Where is that other bastard that she was sharing a room with." I heard Vinchenzo say.

"He's in another tent," Alessio answered.

I opened my eyes only to be met by Adriano's face.

"She's awake!" Adriano said happily.

"Red?" Vinchenzo called as he walked into my line of sight.

"Hi," I muttered weakly.

"Why is she running a fever?" Vinchenzo growled as he looked at Steven.

"Her body is adjusting to the new blood. It's natural for her to be slightly warmer than normal." Steven answered.

"I'll take your word for it," Vinchenzo said with a resigned tone.

"How are you feeling?" He asked turning to me with a small grimace.

"I'm hungry." I admitted, "But also I feel less dizzy and nauseous than I was before."

"That's a good thing, Red. I'm glad to see you in one piece." He added as he scanned my body.

"Iñigo said that he would hack me into pieces before throwing me into the river," I said as I shuddered.

"I'll hack him into pieces before he lays his hand on you again," Vinchenzo growled.

"Kill his son." Dantè said poking his head into the tent, "Arianna you're alive!" He said with a small smile.

"I am," I answered.

"Welcome back home." Tristiaan grinned as he walked in followed by his twin brother Trevor.

"I'm glad to be back. I missed you all." I smiled.

Hey Guys!

So she's finally free of Iñigo's grip, I wonder what Vinchenzo is going to do to him next...

The title of this chapter was actually inspired by one of my favourite songs by Three Days Grace, anyone else out here a fan?

Anyways thanks for reading, don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section!

Xoxo
Perla

P.S: Just a small reminder to either send in your questions in my inbox or comment on them here!