Chapter 38 - Scarred

I had healed. Not fully of course but rather I was way better than I was before. Iñigo had been in twice to check on me and then decided that Alistair was no longer allowed around me. Iñigo believed that I wad strong fighter that had flare and he didn't want me to be beaten to death by the brooding monster also known as Alistair.

'He would destroy all the new blood.'  Iñigo had said as he walked out. I was walking around the conpound and studied it looking for opportunities to escape. Luciano and I needed to get out of here as  soon as possible due to the fact that I couldn't stay in this base any longer.

I had given up hope that Vinchenzo would come for me. He clearly didn't care. I had given up on the small spark of hope that my heart housed and now I was aimlessly wandering around trying to formulate plans on how to get the hell out of here.

I felt trapped. I didn't know where I was or how big this underground maze really was. Room after room, corridor after corridor. The smell of blood was often prominent especially near the torture chambers and I recalled walking past one that had blood trickling out beneath the door itself. That had disgusted and definelty freaked me out.

Iñigo wasn't a man to be messed with. He was cruel and brutal. He had no morals of ethical values. Killing was too easy for him, it was like second nature, as though he were playing a sport of sort.

I walked forward and traced my hand against the stone wall. My eyes widened as I headed down the small steps. I peered through the doorway and there both Vinchenzo and Iñigo sat in  what appeared to be a board room and they were in the midst of a heated discussion.

"I'll trade you for them." Vinchenzo was saying as he slammed both fists down on the glass table which shook the whole table.

"I don't want that." Iñigo answered looking cool.

"I didn't want this peace either, Stalias." Vinchenzo hissed.

"You were the one who asked for a treaty Vitali. I didn't go to you, you came to me." Iñigo said as he leaned back in his chair a glass of red wine in his hand.

I was hiding behind the wooden board where men often came to change their clothes. I was peering into the room through a wide slit in the centre and I was fairly certain that no one could see me.

"Alright." Vinchenzo said as he stood up and tucked his gun into his belt, "I will see you on the other side of the line."

"You don't have to do this Vitali!" Iñigo gasped as he, too,  stood up and stood face to face with Vinchenzo.

Both men were approximately the same height. Vinchenzo only had about two inches on Iñigo and he was also more muscular than him too.

"You have forced me to do so." Vinchenzo answered as he walked out the room and stormed down the hall and up the small stone steps I had previously walked down, "And don't worry! I will show myself out." Vinchenzo called back while Iñigo rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his silky hair.

"Prepare to engage in battle." Iñigo said to Alistair who I realised was the beta.

"I'll get all our armies ready."

"Put the newbies we have been collecting on the frontline. We can't afford to lose all the trained and good fighters in this battle against Vitali." Iñigo said his voice sullen.

"This is a stupid idea boss!" Alistair said as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I know that it doesn't benefit us. We must fight him off the top of the ladder with all we have."

"Donfrio and Domano will back him. Borgati might too. His sons are in that family."

"Such traitorous twins." Iñigo spat, "I would personally kill my children if they left my family for another one."

"Borgati's heart is a big one. He wouldn't kill them." Alistair said.

"Bastard." Iñigo hissed as he went up the stairs followed by Alistair.

Running up the small stone steps once more, I sprinted towards the bedroom that Luciano and I shared. I pushed the door open and found Luciano on the bed with a set of keys.

"We can get out!" He smiled as he wiggled the keys in the air.

"Vitali is declaring war against the Stalias family!" I let out as I held on to the door for some support. Some injuries were still hurting me.

"What?" Luciano gasped and sat up immediately, "How do you know?"

"If I told you that I would have to kill you." I said with a grin.

Luciano rolled his eyes, "I have no time for games Arianna!" He said.

"I heard Iñigo speaking with the Vitali leader," I said, "Or someone who is speaking on behalf of the family." I quickly corrected.

"Perfect!" Luciano said as he stood up and threw his hands up in the air, "We can leave and all Iñigo's attention will be focused on the war."

"That's a good idea." I hesitantly agreed.

Hey Guys!

So Vinchenzo is back and he is ready to help Red get out! He finally came to his senses!

Since the end of the book is near, it is time to start collecting the questions that you guys want us (the author and the characters) to answer. Therefore, you can either send me the questions in my personal inbox here on wattpad, you can dm them to me on instagram (pearl_love_27) or you can even post them on my board! Along with your question also add whether you'd like to keep your name anonymous or you don't mind me using your username ! You can send in more questions and I will keep the 'sending in questions' open until 31 January 2021!

Don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section.

Xoxo
Perla 💗