Chapter 41 - Never Too Late

"Careful!" Adriano called as he steadied my head that bouncing against the metal of the back of the truck.

"That bastard is trash at driving." Alessio muttered as he tucked the pistol into his combat boot while I tried to remain in a still position.

We remained in silence as Adriano looked at my scarred hands.

"I'm going to shoot him." Adriano said as he shook his head.

"Don will get him. Don't you worry." Alessio assured him as he brushed through his dark hair.

"Who?" I croaked out and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Stalias." Alessio said.

"Luciano!" I screamed as I remembered him being locked in a cage, "Where is he?"

"Alessandro got him out. He's back at the field with Vinchenzo." Adriano told me.

"Don't tell him anything. He's part of the FBI." I warned.

"He's coming to the base." Adriano said, "You can talk to him. He see you and Vinchenzo."

"He knows!" I moaned as I covered my eyes with my hands that were still in pain.

"He does. Don is probably going to ship him off and force him to vow omèrta." Adriano said.

Alessio nodded, "Agreed."

"I hope he doesn't know of my involvement. He'll hate me." I said.

"Why do you care?" Adriano asked.

"You're dating the Don." Alessio reminded me.

"You guys are annoying." I commented and rolled my eyes, "Alessandro is better."

"Sandro is the oldest. Les is the middle child and I'm the youngest." Adriano happily told me.

"A's and O's." I nodded my head, "Your names are so cute!"

"Am I supposed to say thank you?" Alessio asked his tone bored.

"I mean... if you want to." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah I don't want to!" Alessio shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I sigh as I lay back down.

"Your arms look really bad." Adriano noted as he gently lifted my right arm and looked at the scab that begun to form where Iñigo had stabbed me and dragged downwards.

"They are really sore too." I admitted.

"Everyone hates that man. I can't wait to kill him and possibly hack him into many pieces." Tristiaan said as he opened the back of the truck for Adriano, Alessio and I to get out.

Tristiaan was the one who was driving us back to safety at the Vitali compound.

"You heard what we were talking about?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"There is a hidden device that can stream all of what you're saying to the front cab." He grinned as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"I don't want to jump." I said as I looked at the ground.

"I'll carry you." Tristiaan said as he pulled me off the ledge and cradled my delicate body against his chest.

"Thank you." I said as I rested my cheek against his muscular and toned chest.

Tristiaan carried me through the gate that led to the underground compound where I had stayed previously. It was the place that housed the several different schemes.

"There is someone who is very excited to see you." Tristiaan whispered in my ear and I grinned.

"It is Sienna isn't it?" I grinned happily.

"Good guess, Ari. She has been so worried and excited about you. You should have been here to hear the screaming match Dantè and Sienna got into when she realised that you left and Dantè didn't allow you to drop by her."

"I mean she is my best friend so I wouldn't expect any less." I grinned smugly while Tristiaan rolled his eyes.

"You two are pretty tight knit. You guys basically spent many months together. I'm so glad of all the achievements you have made, you're like a younger sister to me." He smiled at me.

"Thank you, Tristiaan. I appreciate you words more than you." I grinned.

"Marry him why don't you." Francesca said as she appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the corridor.

"He literally just put me in the family zone." I laughed ignoring her sour face and her obsession with rolling her eyes around me.

"At least one man in this compound can see how ugly you really are." She scoffed as she pushed past Tristiaan and walked away, the sound of her heels clicked and echoed in the hallway.

"Ignore her. She always like to walk around with this whole arrogant act." He said as he rolled his eyes and continued forward.

"She needs to get that stick out of her butt!" I rolled my eyes.

"She is in love with James. She has been pining for him since ages ago. He doesn't exactly reciprocate but he always tries to be very polite around her because she is the Don's sister."

"I used to think Vinchenzo was bad but now that I have met Iñigo... I think he is worse than the devil himself." I said.

"That one is a special case of psychotic. I'm just really glad you got out of that alive. I can't imagine what would've happened if Alessandro didn't help you out." He said.

"I was shocked when I came to know that Alessandro was on my side. That place is terrifying." I shuddered as I recalled how filthy the whole place was.

"Alessandro is amazing at what he does. Vitali is always proud of him and always commends him!"

"I am not surprised by that one. He is quite sneaky that one." I grinned.

"Agreed. Be prepared, I'm taking you to the Cerulean Scheme so you can see your best friend!" He grinned.

"I'm ready to see her," I smirked.

Hey Guys!

I feel like this chapter was more of a 'filler' one but there are minor details that we will have to come back to in the future.

I hope y'all didn't forget who Sienna and Francesca are! It's been a while since they have been featured!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section below!

Xoxo
Perla