Chapter 43 - Tristiaan's Mini Getaway

Francesca looked at me and sneered, "You know he doesn't actually care about you. He just used you." She laughed as her heels clicked against the floor.

"No he didn't." I protested.

"Yes he did. He is my brother. I would know him more than you." She  sneered as she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"That's true but I have spent a lot of time with him!" I protested.

"I have spent over twenty years. You have spent merely months. I know my brother inside out. He's my other half after all."

"You guys are twins?" I asked as I tried to find all the similarities between them.

"No. He's one year older than me." She said flippantly.

"Alright." I sighed already tired, "Why do you hate me?" I asked her curiously.

"I don't hate you. I despise you." She said and I sighed as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Why?" I croaked out.

"Because you think you're some miracle just coming into my family like that. I was the Queen and now you show up and all anyone can talk about is stupid Arianna Dawson!" She hissed, "You can't replace me. I'm the mafia princess and you will not take that position away from me!" She yelled.

"I wasn't trying to take that position from you." I said softly.

"You think that I don't know what you and Vinchenzo are plotting? How much does he pay you? Huh?" She sneered.

"What?" I asked confused.

"To be his girlfriend? How much per month? Or is it a daily payment?" She said as she walked upto me and invaded my personal space.

Her make up was done on point. Her black eyeshadow complimented her sooty black lashes. Her rid lipsticks created a beautiful contrast against her dark make up.

"He doesn't pay me!" I yelled.

"Stop lying!" She yelled back at the top of her lungs causing me to shrink back in my seat.

"I'm not!" I hissed and that was when she threw a punch and knocked me in the jaw.

I grabbed ahold of my tender jaw and glared at her, "What the hell was that for?" I seethed.

"For lying you little cow!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "Don't hit me again or you will regret it Francesca." I warned.

"Is that a threat?" She smirked as she stepped back.

"Consider it a warning." I hissed and walked out of the room and into the narrow corridor.

As I walked past the Cerulean scheme room I saw Tristiaan sitting on a step alone. He seemed lost in his thoughts as he stared out at the distance.

"What's wrong?" I asked him cautiously as I sat beside him and rubbed soothing circles on his back.

"My father is being a pain." He sighed as e pressed the centre button on his iPhone and frowned.

"What is he doing?" I asked, "If you don't mind me asking of course." I added on quickly.

"My father is a leader of the mafia. He wants me to come home." He scoffed as he stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Where are we going?" I asked still in shock as he led me towards the underground garage where all the cars were.

"For a drive. I could seriously use some fresh air and... and some beautiful company." He smiled at me and I nodded.

"I would love to accompany you." I grinned as I walked with him.

Tritsiaan picked out a black car with black tinted windows. He opened the passenger seat door for me and helped me get in. Once my seatbelt was on, he closed the door and walked to the  driver door and pushed the keys into the ignition. The matte black Mercedes purred to life as Tristiaan reversed out of the parking lot and headed towards the compound gate. The security guard saluted us as he let us out of the compound and soon we were free of the mafia!

Tritsiaan drove slowly along the neatly tarred road. He stopped at every red light. We would make small conversation as we drove along. We stopped at an ice cream parlour and we both ordered vanilla flavoured and sat on the grass as we waited for them to be made.

It felt normal. I haven't particularly had anything that remotely felt normal. I was either infiltrating mafia bases or I was busy try to con the FBI into believing the nonsense I was making up about the Vitali family.

"This is... nice." Tritsiaan said as we walked into a thrift store. He walked around touching all the shirts. He gravitated towards all the dark colours such as the blacks and the navy blue hoodies that were hanging on the silver rack.

I grabbed a light purple hoodie that said: 'No one is perfect but some of us are closer than others' which I thought was very funny and Tritsiaan obviously did too as he cracked up when he read it.

He grabbed a matching hoodie that read: 'Life is too short to spend it caring.' And I thought that was very wise.

"This has been a great day! It's been sucg a long time since I wemt to the shops and actually shopped." I smiled as I looked at all my new purchases.

"I'm upset you didn't let me pay for anything!" Tristiaan pouted while I rolled my eyes.

"I would have made your broke!" I laughed with a wink.

"Vitali isn't the only rich one you know." He said with a small laugh.

"I know." I shrugged looking at the inky blue sky.

"Let's head back to the compound." He suggested and looked at me for approval.

I nodded my head, "Let's go. Vinchenzo will throw a hissy fit if he realises we left without a million guards with us." I added with a gulp while Tristiaan laughed.

"He cares about you, you know." He informed me.

"I know. I care about him too."

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well !! I have decided to upload the entire book today in celebration of finishing my final exams !!!

Don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section!

Xoxo
Perla 💚