Chapter 32 - Planning

"Vitali, Borgati, Domano, Stalias and Donfrio." Director Lee said standing by the projector in front of the board room, "The five most powerful mafia families who know how to cover their tracks well. All of their leaders still remain a mystery to us except for the Stalias family. Iñigo Stalias is the leader however we have no evidence whatsoever to be able to convict him. I need you all to keep your eyes and your ears open for any sign or anything you can record as evidence against these families my priority being Stalias and Domano." Lee finished as he sipped his coffee.

"I can go undercover sir." Luciano offered while I raised my eyebrow at him.

"To which family? Agent Dawson has already been undercover with the Vitali family and according to her found no useful information to be used."

"Stalias." He said without missing a beat, "I want to destroy him."

"That's the spirit Detective DuVitto but you can't do that. They'll catch you out, we need to set up bait for them." Director Lee responded as he scratched his thin.

"Why not send a newbie?" Agent Laurel said as he tapped his pen impatiently against the table.

"Too sensitive Zeke. We need to send a professional in or else we will become their target."

"If the newbie gets killed then that's okay. We can't lose someone valuable to us." Zeke answered in a venomous manner.

"You can't do that!" I protested, "You make it seem as though their lives mean nothing!"

Zeke shrugged his shoulders, "They don't mean anything Arianna."

"You're a sadist." Luciano said teaming up with me against Ezekiel.

"That is enough all of you." Director Lee commanded as he switched off the projector, "I'll split you guys into teams of two. Agent Dawson I'm sure Detective DuVitto has already spoken to you about teaming up?" He asked while I nodded my head.

"Good. Get on with it." He commanded and both me and Luciano headed out of the conference room.

"Zeke's something else." He muttered while I laughed.

"He's mad like that. He is really good at what he does that's why Lee keeps him around." I shrugged my shoulders as I tapped my ID to allow the door to open for us.

"That's fair I suppose. I just dislike the fact that those people losing their lives for this worthy cause means nothing to him. Does he not have any family?"

"I'm not best buddies with Zeke," I said uncomfortably, "But I've heard that he has no one. He was never adopted and left the orphanage the minute he turned eighteen."

"Poor boy." Luciano commented.

"Remember that these are rumours and I have no idea if they are true. A lot of people here don't like him because he's like that." I added.

"That's fair. He's a sadistic person, I highly doubt anyone will want to befriend him. Although something does seem a little fishy about him..." Luciano trailed off.

"I can't say I don't agree with you." I admitted as we headed our separate ways.

I got into Cora and drove to a nearby club that I knew was Vitali owned. I ditched her near the shopping mall and walked down the road with minimal disguise. A simple black jacket and my hair pulled into a bun beneath a denim cap along with big sunglasses made me almost unrecognizable. At least, I hoped so.

The bouncer looked at me suspiciously before he viciously demanded I remove my cap and my sunglasses and when I did so I smiled as his eyes widened in recognition.