Prologue

Prologue :"When it all began"

9 years ago

I could hear mommy and daddy shouting in the middle of the night. This isn't any different to every other night though.

I tried to close my ears so I wouldn't hear them but it was so loud I felt sorry for my neighbours. I'm surprised they haven't complained yet.

I got out of bed to go tell mommy I couldn't sleep with all their shouting.

I took slow steps to my bedroom door where their voices got louder.

The steps to go downstairs felt like it was taking forever.

I could see my daddy's shadow on the wall before entering the living room.

Wiping my tired eyes, I forced my legs to walk to the doorway where I could see my mommy's wet, red and puffy eyes.

She was crying?

My moms eyes looked down at me. Her eyes not once showing me any love or care in them. Her face was turned from sadness to pure disgust.

"It's all your fault you little brat!" my mommy shouted." We don't have money or food because we have to take care of you!"

My father turned around to face me. I could smell and awful stink from him.

My daddy had a look of hatred on his face as his eyes met mine." You're a cursed child!" he spat.

He was raging.

I felt a sting on my cheek. Daddy hit me?

My eyes blurred as tears started streaming down my face.

" Go to your room NOW!" he shoved me, making me trip over my feet and falling onto my back.

"You are worthless! " he screamed, "You can't even walk without doing something wrong! You were a mistake!"

My heart broke at those words. I ran straight to my room. Locking the door and fell asleep with red eyes and wet checks.

Little did I know that was the first of many slaps and worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope the prologue was... good?
-A🖤