Chapter 25

Chapter 25: "Trust issues"

◾ Athena ◾

"Aunt Bianca. I need to know the truth," I let go of her and wiped away my tears. I needed confirmation. I didn't want to believe grandfather but if there was a possibility. And that's a very big if. Then I had to tell Axel before he killed everyone.

"The truth about what," she spoke.

"About Raymen. Axel's dad," I responded.

She sighed before giving me a sympathetic smile.

"What he said was all true bambola," she answered.

I closed my eyes to just process everything.

"Was it them?" I questioned.

She looked at me puzzled and I elaborated. "Troian and Eric. We're they the one helping me. Telling me about the family and trying to keep me away from here?" I asked.

She nodded and I questioned why.

"I knew what they were doing and I never stopped them. Your grandfather is a very scary man. He gets what he wants and he wanted you,"she started," but some of us didn't want that for you. Obviously we had no idea of your situation with your parents. We thought you were happy and dragging you in this dangerous family business wasn't something we wanted to put on you. You are our family and we wanted you safe. Your grandfather though wanted you here for some reason unknown to me, " she finished.

It didn't make sense why I was there. They didn't need me. Not for almost eighteen years.

The doors opened and in came Francesco and what seemed to be a younger version of him. That had to be uncle Diego.

" Bianca, I had no idea you were here," Francesco said.

"I wanted to get to know my niece padre," she rolled her eyes. I loved her already.

Grandfather caught her and raised an eyebrow. She chuckled before hugging me goodbye.

After she left a frown was placed on my face immediately.

"What do you want?" I sighed and looked away.

"Fiore this is your uncle, Diego," he introduced. I knew it was him.

"He's going to show you around since you've been... behaving," he said hesitantly before heading out.

Que, awkward silence.

"Athena," he started," I want to apologise for my father's way of bringing you home. I had no idea why he did it that way," he apologised.

"He is a major dick," I replied honestly.

Diego laughed which eased up the air a bit.

"Oh I know," he agreed.

"So, show me around," I said and we left the room. I hesitated on making a run for it but I decided that I might as well get to know my uncle.

"How was my dad growing up?" I asked. I always wanted to know that. He was a bastard right now but I always thought nobody was born the way they are now.