Chapter 24

Chapter 24: "It's a small world"

◾ Athena ◾

"Athena? When they said you tried escaping through the window, I didn't think it was true," A woman said. She looked like Eric and my dad and I realised this must be Bianca. The youngest sibling from my dad.

"Bianca?" I questioned while once again climbing back in from the window.

"Troian and Eric must of told you about me," she replied.

"Not much. Just that your my aunt, the youngest out of the three siblings and that you have two kids Eric and Katherine," I stated.

"Well that's me and this is Katherine," Bianca said as a tiny adorable baby girl walked from behind her.

"She can't talk much. Only a few words that makes a few sentences," Binace explained.

Katherine walked actually more like wobbled over to me but it was adorable. I picked her up and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her which seemed to make her blush.

"I'm Athena," I introduced to Katherine.

"Ena," she said. I laughed at how she pronounced my name. She must've been in the learning phase of speaking.

I looked over at Bianca. She was sat on the bed smiling over at the two of us. I decided to sit with her.

"I've always wanted to meet you Athena, ever since I found out your mother was pregnant," she admitted.

"I thought that my father wasn't allowed to contact here," I said.

She looked at me confused before starting to explain that the day my mother announced she was pregnant was also the day they were sent away.

So was it my fault that they were banned. Because I existed. Bianca noticed the tears forming in my eyes and quickly responded with, "You weren't the problem Athena. My father was at the time."

I sighed. It was all Francesco's fault. I didn't want to be upset and Chase Bianca away so I rather changed the subject.

"What was Luna like?" I asked. Bianca smiled but I could see pain in it.

"My mother was amazing. When your mother announced the pregnancy she was ecstatic. She always wanted to be a grandmother. She was so upset at father that day they barwspoke for months until I got married a year later and had Eric. Mamma was even more excited when Diego and his wife Serena had Troian. She felt like a young mother again who had two babies running around that lot the house up from the darkness," Bianca looked at me before saying," But everyday when no-one was looking she'd be in her room crying. She always wanted to meet her first grandchild. She didn't even know your name. So she called you Fiore, " she smiled.

" What does Fiore mean? " I asked.

"Flower. I would of thought your father taught you Italian," she chuckled.

My mood changed drastically and she stopped laughing. She was confused so I decided to tell her. I told her from when our house burnt down to when I got my first slap to just a few months ago. I told her about my abuse. She was crying for me and I was crying for myself. I rememberd the bruises, blood and pain. I remember how hopeful I was, wanting them to turn their lives around and tell me they're sorry.