Chapter 27

Chapter 27: "RIP"

◾ Athena ◾

I woke up feeling more nervous than ever. Tonight my whole family was coming to see me. I barely slept, wondering if they'd like me or accept me for that matter. I had no idea what was about to happen at dinner but I decided to stay strong. It was only dinner. With a bunch of people that's related to me in some way.

I didn't have to get dressed till about five tonight so I grabbed a pair of black ripped shorts and an over sized hoodie. I slipped on my new high top converse and walked out my room. It felt unusual to leave my room alone. They've kept me locked for two to three days.

I tried remembering my way to the kitchen and luckily made it after a few directions from the maids.

Speaking of the maids, they've all been rushing about this morning. They've been cleaning every inch of this place. Their personal chefs were cooking non stop. The aroma all around the kitchen area wanted to make me drool. Who knew Italian food could smell that good.

Instead of asking someone to make me breakfast like Troian said I should, I grabbed an apple from a basket and went outside to walk in the rose garden.

Instead of the usual red roses, there were a variety of different ones. Yellows, pinks and whites were all scattered around. I wondered if they had a gardener who did all this.

"Luna," a voice said from behind me. I turned around to see my grandfather in a suit, like usual walking towards me.

"Your grandmother gardened these in memory of you, Fiore," he stated.

I remembered Bianca telling me my grandmother called me 'Fiore' which means flower. She must've started calling me that after she gardened the roses.

"She was always into symbals and meaningful things. She took care of these everyday," he said.

I wanted to leave. He made me depressed.

"Mio caro, let me spend a few hours with you. I want to get to know mia nipote," he pleaded. I didn't want to but this was my last chance to see if he was lying.

"If what you said about Axel's dad is a lie and I find out, I'm going to hate you for the rest of my life and maybe I'll kill you myself," I threatened.

Francesco smiled.

"You have a fire just like Luna. You remind me so much of her. So stubborn and head strong. I am telling the truth and I really want you apart of this family," he held both my hands in his before letting go.

I had no other choice but to believe him.

"Okay then, I believe you," I gave in. Francesco sighed in relief and started walking.

"I want to tell you about the history of our family,"he started and I followed him out of the rose garden," This mafia had started fifty families before us. They were the richest people around, hence why they lived in such a big home. Not only were they rich, their family was huge as well. They all lived in these walls."

"Im going to let you in on a secret. Only the family knows this. Nobody else. We have a secret underground tunnels leading to almost the whole of Italy. The basement is where the tunnels are," he whispered. I was interested in this family. My family.

I had a huge family tree.

" I want to take you somewhere, "he said. I nodded and followed him to a car that was ready in the front of the mansion.

We got in and a driver drove us to a secluded area.

When we got out of the car we walked for about almost a mile when we came across a hill. Below the hill stood a huge tree. Francesco walked to the tree and I followed close behind.