Chapter 17 (R)

Chapter 17: "Secrets, lies and damn Italians"

Athena ◾

"Yes," I answered.

It was a guys voice. It was more teenager than man. Sounds maybe 17-18.

"A girl called you the other day. She told you to find someplace to hide. Have you?" he asked.

So they know each other?

"Yes I have. Please tell me who you are. I have to know why you guys are telling me all this," I pleaded

"I wish we could tell you but if we did we'd be putting ourselves in danger but we care about you so we had to help you," he said.

"Are you working for the people who are trying to get me?" I asked.

He was silent for a moment.

"It's complicated. I'm not necessarily working for them but yes I am part of the mafia," he stated.

So his not working for them but he is part of the mafia? That makes no sense.

"Look I have to go but I'll keep in touch," was the last thing he said before hanging up.

So those two are trying to keep me safe? And they're also putting themselves in danger? They don't even know me.

"So, what'd she say?" Axel asked.

I looked at him for a moment just to process everything before I said anything.

"It was a guy," I started, "but I've heard him before I just hadn't realised it till now."

"Realise what?" he asked.

"There's been two people helping me," I said.

"Two?"

"Yeah, they know who I am. They want me safe," I told him.

"We'll tell everyone in the morning for now let's go inside,"Axel suggested.

I nodded.

When we entered the cabin it seemed larger than outside. Everything was cosy and had a homey feel.

He showed me the way to our bedroom. It was the biggest bedroom in the house. Everyone was already situated and asleep.

I yawned and sat on the bed.

"I have a shirt for you to sleep in, we don't have much here. It's just a hideout so all the essentials are here," he explained and handed me one of his shirts.

He locked the door and started undressing just into his underwear.

I couldn't stop staring at him but unfortunately I had to just to get changed my self. I started stripping out of my clothes and taking off the strap holding my arm. My arm felt better than a couple hours ago so it just stung now and then.

When I changed into the shirt I caught Axel staring at me with lustful eyes. I couldn't help but look at him the same.

He came closer to me just enough that I had to look up at him and he he had to look down on me.