Chapter 13

Chapter 13:"Another day another problem"

Athena ◾

I woke up to the sound of hushed voices and cutlery touching on plates.

I was fast asleep last night i didn't know if Axel came to bed last night. His side of the bed is made up so I'm really not sure.

I got out of bed and quietly made my way into the bathroom. I did my business and my morning bathroom routine.

Once I finished, I put on a pair of socks and left the room.

The hushed voices became louder as I entered the kitchen.

Connor and Julia were busy making breakfast while everyone else, besides Harper were indulging in their own conversations.

I awkwardly made my way to an open seat and Julia put a plate of pancakes and waffles with a glass of what seemed to be a berry smoothie.

"Mornin' Sunshine," Julia hypely greeted.

How did she have that much energy in the morning?

Everyone else noticed my presence at her greeting and I got back tired responses of hello's and good morning's.

I guess it was just Julia that has that much energy so early.

"Do you usually wake up this late?" Andrè asked while snickering.

"Ha ha, laugh all you want ok? It was a long night," I sassed.

Andrew and Andrè smiled sheepishly.

"You two bone heads should talk last. Your usual time of waking up is at twelve," Harper said while sitting down beside me on the used to be empty barstool.

"We work and train all day, what do you expect?" Andrew said/asked.

While everyone carried on their chatter, I realised that Axel had left from the table and I didn't notice. I was about to go look for him when I remembered I needed to talk to Hunter from last night's texts.

" Hey, Hunter. Can we talk for a sec?" I asked. He nodded and we left the table with no questions by any of the others. They were oblivious to what was going on really.

Hunter and I walked into Axel and I's bedroom and I shut the door.

"What's this about?" Hunter asked.

I took my phone from the charger and opened up the texts.

"I got texts last night from that person I told you about," I said and handed him the phone to go over the texts.

He read it to himself and I just started pacing around the room.

"Late for what?" he said out loud.

"I don't know," I sighed.

He just analysed the messages over and over again.

"I would offer for someone to track this number but it's unfortunately a blocked ID," he said and sat on the bed.

"I was actually hoping that you would but guess not," I chuckled and sat next to him.

"This person obviously knows you and by the way he or she has been calling and texting I don't think they're a threat. They might be helping you to figure something out before something bad happens,but why not just tell you?"

"Maybe he or she is doing something they shouldn't," I suggested.

"Probably, but we don't know for sure. Are you going to tell Axel anytime soon. He can help on this," he asked.