Chapter 12 (R)

Chapter 12:"The Big Apple is an understatement"

Athena

"Welcome to New York!"

We were welcomed by the pilot and flight attendance of Axel's jet. Axel gave us only a few hours to pack all the luggage we could and get on the first flight to New York.

Axel hired someone to fix up the mansion while we were staying in New York. He let all the maids and workers off until the mansion was fixed but still paid their salaries.

He really wasn't such a bad guy like everyone made him out to be. At least he was a nice guy secretly.

There were a bunch of cars waiting for us once we got off the jet. Axel said they were going to take us to this hotel he owned and we'd be staying there for the time being.

There were a total of three cars. Axel and I got into one and the others got into the other two cars.

"I never knew you owned a hotel here," I said.

"I own various businesses, apartments and hotels in different states," he explained.

I never really paid attention to what Axel had and did. Did that make me a bad girlfrie-   I mean friend. Were we friends? Friends with benefits? What were we actually?

"Is there something on your mind Athena?" Axel asked.

"Um, what are we?" I asked embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" he questioned now fully paying attention to me.

"I mean we're obviously not friends," I stated.

He looked was amused at the conversation we were having and I blushed embarrassed.

"What do you want us to be?" he smirked.

What kind of question was that?!

"I j-just don't know what we are because I know I can't be just friends with you," I answered.

"Well Athena I don't do girlfriends if that's what your getting at," he said and my heart sank,"but because it's you, I'll do anything," he carried on.

A bit of hope touched my heart of being something with Axel.

"This isn't the right time to ask but how about a date?" he asked.

I was completely taken a back by that. He wanted to go on a date with me. He wanted us to go on a date. A date with him. An actual date date. I didn't know how to process the question.

"If we're gonna do the whole dating thing, I think we should do it properly," he winked.

" I'd love to," I blushed a little. Why was I blushing!? That's so dumb.

"I'll figure out later what and when because right now we have more important things to do. Keeping you safe," he said and kissed my hand.

A while later we arrived in the busy streets of New York. I've never been out of Miami although I would of like to visit during different circumstances.

" Here we are boss, " the driver said.

We stopped in front of a very luxurious hotel. It was huge.

Axel got out the car and helped me out as well. The others were there too so we all entered together.

As we entered, I examined the interior design of the entrance layout.
It was a mixture of white, gold and grey. The tiles and walls were white. The front dest was white and gold. The enterence sitting area had grey couches and gold tables.