Chapter 30

Chapter 30: "Heart breaking but not broken"

Axel

20 minutes earlier

"That's nine for me," Connor smirked. We just finished the bottom floor and luckily nobody had noticed yet.

"How did you get nine?!" Hunter said out of breath.

I forgot how competitive this team was. Especially Connor. He had the most kills and I'm not talking about fortnite or COD. Connor was always the competitive one. Always wanted to be first or the winner. He won all the time.

"We still have two more floors guys. We can still beat him," Julia said rushing up the main stairs and we all hurried after her.

I honestly didn't care if I lost, fifty thousand wasn't that much. If I won I'd just be fifty thousand dollars richer. Reminder, I'm not one to brag about my money. I have my charities I donate to every year and nobody knows how much money I have except for me. I don't go around telling people because that's just disrespectful and sick.

"C'mon Axel," Harper called breaking me out of my trance. I hurried up the stairs more focused. I was here for Athena. I just hoped they didn't put her on a leash or something.

I'm the only one allowed to put leashes on her.

"That's seven," Andrew and Andrè bragged.

A guard lunged at me and we both dropped to the ground. He punched me in the face and I laughed evily. He looked baffled and I took that as my opportunity to jab him in the neck.

He held onto his neck and I quickly put him in a headlock.

"Sorry not sorry," I chuckled and cracked his neck. He fell to the ground and everyone started putting the bodies in empty rooms.

"That was quick," Connor stretched and started walking up stairs.

We were now on the third floor and unlike the first two floors, the guards were walking up and down the stairs.

The guards looked at us and we all froze.

"Fuck it," I mumbled and I ran ahead of everyone punching the closest guard.

There were female guards too so I looked over at Julia and Harper.

"We don't hit girls," Andrew announced for all the guys.

"But you guys can kill them?" Harper said while knocking one girl out.

"We killed the women who deserved it, not one's who guard places that's done nothing to us," Andrè answered.

"Bullshit," Julia stabbed one of the other guards.

After dragging all the guards into rooms we all stood there by the biggest closed door.

There were voice chattering while classical music played.

I grabbed my gun from my belt and held it ready.

"Wea aren't going to kill them right?" Hunter asked.

"Only Francesco. Let the guests leave," I ordered. Everyone nodded their heads and we busted the door open. I shot the ceiling and everyone started shouting in panic and exiting the place.

"Athena!" we all yelled.

After everyone evacuated, Athena and Francesco stood alone.

She ran up to me in tears and hugged me. I held onto her, inhaling her scent that I've missed more than anything.

Save Me [EDITING]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara