Chapter 23

Chapter 23: "Family Bonding"

◾ Athena ◾

"Let me out!" I yelled again.

"You can't keep me in here!" I stated.

After my grandfather took me, we went straight to his mansion. And let me tell you it was way bigger then Axel's. I got even more angry at him when I realised I could've been raised here in this... palace. That's what I was calling it. After even more thinking I rather thought that I would of never met Axel and I I would of become a murderer like my whole family.

I was locked in this huge bedroom when I first arrived. There was food waiting for me already but I didn't trust them so it was just taken by one of the maids.

The room was plain white. No life or colour. It had a bathroom the size of a normal bedroom and closet that was bigger than the bathroom. I felt like royalty for a good five seconds before I reminded myself I was locked in the room. The windows were all locked not like I would even be able to escape from it. I was like five stories high.

After I tried getting the maid to let me out I just started shouting. If he wasn't going to let me out I knew somebody would get irritated of my shout and check on me. I had a full proof plan. Get the irritated person to open the door, knock them out and escape. I still had on the dress from the night before so I could use the knife Axel gave me to fight my way out.

"Open up!" I started banging on the door.

After a few seconds of shouting I heard footsteps make their way to the door. I stepped back ready to knock them out.

I grabbed the knife from my thigh and when the person came in I lunged for them. Unfortunately it was my grandfather and he easily caught my hand and hit the knife out of it. The knife landed on the floor and I ran to pick it up when I heard the door lock.

I thought he left me locked in again but he stood there hands behind his back.

"I'm not here to fight you nipotina," he answered.[granddaughter]

"I don't want to be here," I said bitterly. I attached the knife back to my thigh and sat on the bed.

"I see Axel has taught you a few things," He chuckled. I looked at him with the most disgusted face I could muster.

"Stop changing the subject. I need to go home!" I stood up from my sitting position.

"What home bambino! Your father, my son, sold you to me," he yelled back. My father sold me to my grandfather. That's who those men were at the house. My grandfather's men.[child]

"I knew he was struggling with finance so we had a discussion. I get you for a load of cash to get him through atleast two years," he explained further.

I couldn't believe I was two years worth of money. I bet they spent it in two days and I hope they burn in hell.

" Why didn't you then come yourself instead of sending people after me. I thought I was being hunted down to get killed by those men. I thought I was sold to some sex slavery shit!" I admitted.

"I would never do that piccolo," he said.

"Leave," I said and turned to look out the window.

I heard him sigh before leaving and locking the door.

I couldn't help but let the tears stream down my face. I felt like my chest was closing in and I was about to choke on my own tears. My heart was breaking.