Chapter 1

Chapter 1:"Homeless is not having a home, yet I have one but feel homeless"

▪️Athena ▪️

I watched as tall guy had gotton out of his car. He leaned back and took out, what I'm assuming was a cigarette and started to smoke it.

The grey-white smoke like-cloud only humans can make. Ironic. Clouds give us rain so we could live on our crops and water. Humans want to make their own clouds that will eventually kill us.

Us humans have one track minds, maybe some geniuses can actually think but most of us think of one thing and don't think of the consequences or what will happen next.

The phrase "live in the moment" are for one tracked minds. Sure we could skip school one day and by the next day your doing detention for the next few days or maybe 'let's use our money to have fun everyday' but when you actually need money you'd be stressing out on how you went wrong.

Like every other day tall guy looks my way and starts walking through the school entrance.

It was our daily thing. I watched him smoke during homeroom, he looked my way then goes to class.. probably.

I'm sure he didn't know who I was or what I looked like. The distance is a bit far. Hell, I haven't even seen his features clearly.

I turned my head back to the white board in front of me. The teacher had not bothered to teach us anything since everyone apparently was not a morning person.

I actually was a morning person. I got to escape my so called home and enter a better prison. I mean we can all agree school is like a prison. Basic facts.

The bell rang signaling the end of homeroom.

I stayed till everyone left the class before I packed up. If our gym coach could see them then. I have never seen children run faster than when it's the end of class. Jesus christ.

I left the class and put my head down as I walked to my locker.

Now this would probably be the cliché part where everyone thought I'm about to walk right into a hot sex god. Unfortunately for you, no. I made it to my locker completely fine because unlike book characters when I walk with my head down or rush I still took note of my surroundings.

I opened my locker and got my books out for the next class.

That was until someone knocked into me and my body slammed against the hard metal door.

I winced from my still healing bruises of last nights beating. This was not going to be a good day. But when has it ever been a good day?

The warning bell rang for my next class as I tried to get there without wincing or limping. Luckily for me I'm a nobody that no-one takes note of.

The hallway got emptier as I walked into class and took a seat in the back corner. Like I usually do in every class.

My one broken rib screamed in agony as I sat down trying to control my breathing without making anyone suspicious.

Unfortunately I failed.

A girl tapped on my shoulder.