Chapter 47

Lilly's POV

One week later... 

Lately, my life has become more normal than I ever remember it being. I have a friend, Natalie, and I'm making friends in my weekly dance classes as well. Demi and Wilmer aren't upset with each other anymore, so we now have family time every day. I have homeschooling four days a week with my tutor while Nevvy goes to real school. Everything's orderly, planned, and consistent; it's been making me feel a lot happier.

Well, almost everything is normal. At supper, Demi says that she has an announcement.

Nevvy's excited. She hopes that the announcement has to do with her.

"Sort of," Demi says, then turns to all of us. "My album is going to be released tomorrow."

"What does that mean?" Nevvy asks curiously.

"I'm going to be doing some interviews to promote my music, and I'll also be performing more than usual."

"Will Lilly and I get to perform with you? Like Lilly did before?" Nevvy, who always sits on her knees at the table, shoots up, almost dumping her plate.

"Calm down, Nevvy," Demi says. "And there is a possibility of you girls performing with me sometime. We're going to be going on a three week tour together. The tour is only in three places: here, Texas, and New York."

"So, I'll miss school for those weeks?" Nevvy asks.

"For the two weeks we're gone, yes, you will."

"Okay. Travelling and playing piano sounds more fun anyway." My sister shrugs.

"Is Wilmer coming with us?" I question.

"Just to Texas. He's busy while we're in New York." Demi replies.

"When?" Nevvy asks.

"Well, the concert here is in two weeks, and we'll be leaving for Texas a week after that. Two days after your birthday, Nevvy! We're also planning a party for you."

"I can't wait!" Nevvy exclaims.

"Are you excited too, Lilly?" Wilmer asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Tomorrow I'm doing a live chat to announce everything."

"Can we be in the live chat?" Nevvy asks.

"Of course." Demi smiles.

---

So, when it is time to do the live chat, Wilmer and Demi sit in the middle of the couch with Nevvy beside Demi and me beside Wilmer. Demi has her laptop on her lap to do the live chat.

During the live chat, Demi announces the short tour we will be going on, and then she answers some fan questions. Some of the fans ask questions for Wilmer, me, and Nevvy as well. Knowing that a lot of people are watching makes me a little nervous, so I only answer a few of the questions directed towards me.

---

The air outside gets a little cooler as October rolls around. Nevvy's birthday, I found out, is on October 8th. I've been helping Demi and Wilmer plan a birthday party for her that day. The concert in LA is on October 3rd, and Demi's been helping Nevvy and I practice playing piano for one of her new songs. I'm very excited but also extremely nervous.

At my dance lesson, two days before the concert, I am given a hug by every girl in my class. 

"It's for good luck, for your performance with Demi and your sister," one of the girls from the class says.

"Thank you," I reply.

Even though I hadn't really wanted to take dance classes, now it's one of the best parts of every week. I've finally made a few friends my age, and I really love to dance.

---

The day of the concert arrives quickly. In the morning, Demi, Wilmer, Nevvy, and I go to the large building where the concert will be. We watch people prepare the stage, run through stuff about the concert with Demi, and set up the drum kit and the piano from the audience.

We eat lunch in a room that Demi says is her "dressing room," before she helps us Nevvy and I pick out our outfits for the concert.

Nevvy picks a pink dress with matching ribbons for her hair. She also wears shoes that look a little like ballet slippers. I pick a skirt and t-shirt because I'm not a huge fan of fancy dresses. My skirt is long but comfortable with black and white stripes, and my t-shirt is pink to match Nevvy's dress. I will wear shoes similar to hers as well.

After making sure everything fits, we go on the stage with Demi to practice the song we're playing piano for. The song was released with the album, but it's not new to us. Just like the last time I played for Demi, someone who plays piano professionally is with us. 

"Linda won't be with you girls for the actual concert, okay?" Demi says as Nevvy and I are getting seated at the piano.

"Okay," Nevvy replies. 

"She's just here for the rehearsal to make sure everything's set up properly. You're going to do great!"

After we practice playing with just Demi singing, we practice with everyone there as well. We practice until I start to get hungry before stopping.

Wilmer ordered pizza while we were practicing, so we eat as soon as we're back in the dressing room.

I can barely eat. My stomach feels full of butterflies.

"I'm really nervous," I whisper to Nevvy.

"I'm not!" she says. "We're going to do great!" Meanwhile, she's scarfing down as much pizza as she can.

After supper, Demi has to get ready for the concert alone. Nevvy and I are brought to another room similar to Demi's dressing room where we change into the clothes we picked out earlier. Wilmer takes his place backstage where Nevvy and I will be when we're not playing piano.

After we're dressed, one of Demi's hair stylists comes into the room. She curls my hair and does a small braid down the back. Usually, I feel relaxed when I'm getting my hair done, but today, the butterflies only increase. Nevvy's hair is curled and put into pigtails with her pink ribbons tied around the elastics. Then, we each get a little bit of makeup put on before going back to Demi's dressing room.

"Are you girls ready?" Demi asks.

Nevvy nods excitedly. I try to focus on anything but my nerves.

"Remember, you're playing for the third song of the night, so you'll watch with Wilmer for the first part of the concert until Linda brings you out."

Then, Demi's heading out onto the stage, and I think I might throw up.

I know I hear Demi sing all the time, but as I'm listening to her perform her first song, her voice still amazes me. It's familiar, in some ways, so it helps calm my nerves a little. Once the second song starts, though, the butterflies return.

"Do I have time to go bathroom?" I ask, my voice is barely audible and shaky.

"If you hurry," Wilmer says. "You're on in a few minutes."

I run away from the stage without asking for directions, heading towards the bathroom. I feel nauseous and lightheaded. Wiping a tear from my face, I quickly lock myself into a bathroom stall. I don't think I can go on and play piano tonight.  What if I'm not good enough?

-------------

I finally was motivated enough to finish this chapter after more than a month! Hopefully, the wait was worth it. There are only a few chapters left until this fanfiction is done.

After reading an article about Wilmer, it's been harder to write his character as he was before. I will finish this story, but once it's done, I will not be writing any more Dilmer.

Thank you to everyone who's still reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!