Chapter 11: Fall Part 1

Written by: VinylScratch7

It was middle of the night and you finished all your homework plus helping your team to finish theirs. As you were about to retriet to your corridors the team decided to hang out a bit in the room. So couple hours had pass and now you were placed upside down tied with a rope trying to figure out how you got into the mess that you were placed in.

"So...." You said while looking towards your team "Aint nobody going to untie me?"

Yang was smiling at you while the rest were either holding their laughter or no paying attention towards you. "Nope you lost the bet so now you have to face the penalty."

You cock an eyebrow and look towards Weiss for assistance but apperently she wasnt going to help you "Oh come on girls, my blood is going to my brain and i think that aint healthy."

The girls giggles at your antics and was trying to get out of the but suprisingly you saw Yang getting closer and closer to you getting you curious on what she's doing.

"Hey Y/N" She hold in a laugh and somehow you know where this was going.

"Yes Yang" You said while you were slowly spining and unable to see her face anymore.

"You know life is funny.." She hold it in for a moment "the minute you think youve got everything figured, something comes along and turns it all upside down" She laugh getting you to wish you could facepalm at that bad pun.

"I regret losing to a card game now, Blake remind me to never bet agaisnt Yang" You said

She smirks "Ill try"

"All right funs over" Yang said cutting you lose and hitting the ground with a huge thud.

"Ow..."

Everyone laugh and Ruby got up from her bed and headed towards the door "Ill be right back im going to grab a snack" She said while closing the door behind her.

You got up from the floor and look at Yang who was now laughting at the floor and seeing that see going to pee herself, you smirk and rolled your eyes. Walking towards your bag a curious question pop into Weiss mind.

"So Y/N"

"Hm?" You look towards Weiss.

"How does your semblance work, we know that if you use full power you'll break your bones but have you consider-"

"Using half of it?" You finished her sentence getting her to nod. "Well to answer that, im kinda trying see i think my body aint ready for that kinda power. so i use it alittle bit to get out of a Tight spot."

"So wait..your semblance those it do something else other than give yyou speed?" Yang ask while lying on her bed.

"Well yeah, it gives me Alittle strength and more stamina in the process, tho whenever my eyes turn red i feel like i can unlock more than that." You said getting them to look one another.

"Y/N how your Hand to Hand?" Yang asked.

"Eh...rusty..My mentor never gave me much lesson on hand to hand" You said.

"Well is your lucky day...for now on im going to show you all the tricks i know in Hand to Hand combat, weapons arent everything, sometimes you got depends with these babies." She said while making a one two combo.

"Heh ill keep in mind of that and thanks." You look at the time and notice it was pretty late. "Well i think is time to hit the hay, tomorrow we're going to Foever fall and you know how The professor get when we're late"

You said getting all them shivering fear remembering Glinda anger on them last time their were late. Waving goodbye at your Team and getting ready to head towards your room, you were stop over a conversation and the voice was Ruby. You stood behind the wall and waited until they were finished.

"You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff." Jaune said.

"Nope!" You peek towards the wall and see Jaune leans into the door some more "Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid..." Jaune groans and sinks lower to the ground getting "... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!" he groans and making you remember the first day and you see him going lower still "But, you can't be one now. You know why?"

"Uhhh, because...?" Jaune question.

"Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us." she gets up and notice you overhearing their conversation, she places her hands on her hips as she speaks "We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second if we ever in a tight pickle, at least we both know their someone their to help you out and pick you back up" Ruby looks at you with a smile

"Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you." she walks over to you direction, making you hide to make sure Jaune didnt see you. She looks behind over her shoulder as Jaune, now slightly inspired by her words, watches her wave "Have a good night, Jaune!" Ruby said while dissapering from Jaune sight.

"You know, eavesdropping is bad" Ruby said getting you to smirk.

"I Know..but hey nice speech you said." You said while looking at jaune walking away.

"Hey its the right thing to say and i think he need all the help he can get since he's having a hard time than all of us." Ruby said getting you nod.

You pat her head and smile "Well keep at it Leader, now i know im with a good leader who can keep us in check, especially Yang" You said messing up her hair.

She pouts and laugh "Y/N sometimes your so Random" Ruby said.

"Hey i learn from the best, now get going we have a big day tomorrow and i dont want to wake you or the other girls up. i really dont want to get Goodwitch mad" You said walking away from her.

"Hey Y/N?" Ruby calls you

"Hm?" You look over your shoulder towards your leader.

"Do you think he's going be alright?" Ruby ask worrying about Jaune.

"Yeah he is, cause ill put my life on the line if something ever happens to him, he just needs a little push" You smile.

Ruby giggles "Goodnight Y/N"

"Goodnight Ruby"

Both of you return to your rooms and waited for the upcoming trip of tomorrow.

* Sorry for the Short Chapter, Tomorrow im going to post the next one, so many thanks whoever enjoying the story and hope you guys liked the new cover art for the story, im going to make more later on in the future but for now stay safe and take care.