Chapter 19: Investigation

You Ruby and Weiss were standing in front of the CTT building looking up at the structure, impressed by the building Ruby was astonished by it as well getting you to smile towards her.

" Woooow! I forget how big the Transmit tower looks up close!" Ruby said while still looking at the bigger.

"Yeah is something alright but I read that the one from atlas is bigger," You said while looking towards the building and later to Weiss who was nervous for a moment getting you to notice it.

Walking past ruby letting her look more of the building you place a hand towards Weiss Shoulders getting her to snap out of her thoughts, her eyes glaze at you while you showed a smile.

"You okay?" You said getting her to smile and nod "Okay let me know if something bothering you okay?"

Letting go of Weiss and looking back at the Building Ruby quickly went in front of you and Weiss.

"Hey Y/N is the one in Atlas was the first one right?" She said.

You were about to answer her question but Weiss beat you to it "Correct"

The three of you walk closer towards the building and seeing some of the people entering and Exiting from the building. Weiss was explaining some details of the building towards Ruby.

"Atlas developed the Cross Continental Transmit System to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with one another. It was their gift to the world after the Great War." Weiss said getting you interested in this history lesson from Weiss.

As for Ruby she rolled her eyes and smirk and played all high and mighty "Oooh, look at me! My name's Weiss! I know the facts! I'm rich!" Ruby snorts.

"Don't be a pest! Besides, the only reason we're here is that you like the tower so much! We could have just as easily made a call from the library!" Weiss said

You smile at her antics "Your sometimes a dork Ruby"

"Oh you shush, I'm going to take a picture." Ruby playfully shoves you.

She grabs her Scroll from a pocket on her clothes, but in her excitement, the device is launched from her hands, bouncing along the pavement until it lands at a girl feet, she has a orange hair and was wearing a patricular green dress. She notice the Scroll and pick it up and notice Ruby coming towards her.

"Oh!" She said while Picks up the Scroll and extends towards the clumsy teen " You dropped this."

"Penny?" Ruby said.

You lean towards Weiss and Whisper "Who?"

Weiss remembers that you never met Penny and explain to you that she was the girl that help her and the rest of the team at the docks while you were hospitalized.

Before you could say something you see penny Ran off while Ruby runs off after to her "Ruby!" It was too late she was already gone.

"Damn it..that girl," You said seeing ruby disappears.

"She can handle herself, so let get going," Weiss said while walking towards the front entrance of the building.

You were still staring at the direction towards where ruby went and let out a sigh and follow after Weiss inside the building. You and Weiss walk through the grand, glowing lobby of the tower with pride, avoiding the central terminal and heading straight for the elevator doors, which slide open automatically and close when she's inside. The voice of the CCT AI is projected from a panel near the door.