Chapter 22: Journey Part II

Written by: VinylScratch7

The Morning light was coming down from the sky and today was the day was your first-time escort mission with Team CFVY. Inside your body you felt nervous about this, but you took a deep breath and calm yourself. You see the guy with the huge sword known as Yatsuhashi entering the bullhead. As you were going to join him and wait on the rest of the team, in the corner of your eye you spotted Cardin talking with Velvet.

You notice she was nervous around him and slightly scared, but you also notice Cardin slightly stiff and shy. In your mind is he trying to apologies to Velvet? Or is he trying to have a conversation about something.

Noticing something else, Coco came between the two and smile towards velvet and indicated her towards the bullhead. Velvet nodded her head and headed towards our transportation. Coco Turns around and look at Cardin with her Sunglasses. She slightly let her glasses to fall to let her venomous eyes to pierce through him, her mouth moves and was poking his chest and pushing him a bit.

She was angry and you might know what it was about, as she finishes conversating with Cardin, he looks sadden and was staring at the ground, Coco spotted you and a smile re appears in her face and tap your Shoulder.

"Ready to Go Y/N?" Coco Said entering the bullhead.

You nodded and look towards Cardin who was still looking in the ground. Before you enter the Bullhead, you decided to go towards him and have a chat with him. He spots you and couldn't bear to look at you now, maybe thinking you have something to say.

"Hey" You said towards Cardin.

He didn't say anything, he kept looking at the ground, it was kind of awkward talking to him since he did bad thing while being here in the school, but in your guessing, he was trying to change.

"Want to tell me what that was about?" You said getting him to sigh.

"I'm trying to change..." Cardin said.

"Is that so?" You said crossing your arms.

He nods "But everyone is either scared of me or feel disgust towards me..."

"Well that tends to happen when you do bad thing to other people." You said.

"I spotted Velvet coming towards the bullhead, so I yelled out to her." He starts rubbing his arm. "I tried to say I'm sorry, but I notice she was getting nervous, so Coco came up and told her to go ahead and I knew she gave me a very nasty look behind those sunglasses."

"So..What she said?" You ask.

"She said I should stay away from her teammate or else." He said. "Im trying to change, im honestly im but.."

"It will take time." You said placing your hand on he's shoulder while he gaze towards you. "Just be patient and when the time comes, I know no.. everyone will know how your trying to change and to be a better huntsman."

You gave him a nod and return towards the bullhead and you wave towards team CFVY that your on the way.

Jaune POV

Exiting the library and going directly outside to go towards my Dorms, I had too many thing in my mind. Its been a week and Pyrrah and Y/N are training day and night but I feel that im not making any progress, It make me feel horrible. Two great Huntsman are training a nobody like me and their wasting their time with me.

I feel horrible now, I wish I could do something. As I was heading towards the direction towards my dorm, I spotted Cardin behind the bullhead that Y/N was getting on, what was he doing. I got curious and quickly went towards him.

As I quickly made my way towards him. I See Cardin hoping on towards the back of the bullhead.

"Cardin?! What are you doing!" I said while going in closer towards him.

He notice me and then he quickly shut my mouth and notice the teacher coming toward the back, he quickly pull me in towards the back of the bullhead and we hid from our superiors.

"Ok is everything ready to go?" Ozpin said

"Yes Sir" The pilot responded.

"Good, get them over there safe." Ozpin said leaving the pilot alone towards the back of he's vehicule.

The pilot Close the back of the bullhead and quickly went towards the pilot seat, I break free from Cardin grasp and quickly look at him.

"What are you doing, now we're both will be in trouble.!" I said scared of the outcome.

"Shut it..." Cardin bit he's tongue and calm himself and look at me "Listen im trying to change and I think if I help out in this mission I could show Coco that im a different guy." Cardin said.

"..." I was speechless my bully trying to become a better person.

Before I could say anything we both can feel the bullhead lifting off from the ground and at the moment all I could think of is what is going to happen to us.

Somewhere else in Remnant

The sound of a person tapping their finger in their chair was echoing through the room of their building while he's trusted henchmen were bowing before them. He's cold dead eyes was staring from a far and awaits for news on he's obsession on one little girl.

He pulls out a picture of her and wickedly smiles at it.

"Sir!" He hears one of he's lieutenants speaking.

He slowly looks ups from the picture and looks at He's lieutenants. "Speak." his voice spoke Cold and gruesome

"Our intel says that the girl your looking for is going to be escorted by some students from Beacon academy." He said.

"Get the girl and bring her here.i need to show the world. That Our God just gave us a gift..a Gift that I! Their Savior will bring Light to our New kingdom..I want her here now!!" He screams getting the lieutenant to nod and disappear with a few others.

He slowly turns around and see by he's windows the civilians that was down below from he's building. "Soon everyone will see the gift that god brought us..and nobody can stop the truth that is going to happen.."