Chapter 13: Change

Chapter 13: Change

Written by: VinylScratch

"Ow..."

You were now located in the medical bay of the school with Professor Ozpin, Professor Goodwitch and All of your friends, its been a day and the last thing you remember after rescuing Jaune and Cardin was blacking out in the middle of the forest, now you were been treated by the doctor who are now stiching your injury.

"I say boy.." The doctor says "May i ask how in blazes you gotten injured"

The doctor asked you getting your eyes shift towards your teacher and by the looks of it they didnt wanted you to tell him that you face a ery dangerous beast for some odd reason.

"I....Trip?" You said with a confused face looking at the doctor.

Blake and Weiss Simuntansly face palmed and grunted at your idiatiocy while Ruby and Yang were at the ground laughting there guts out.

"uh huh" The doctor said while looking back to your scars and bitting down the string "Well that about it, you get some bed rest you hear young man."

You nod getting the doctor to smile and walking out the room getting everyone to go towards your bed with all a worry face.

"Have you gone completly mad!" Weiss started yellling at you.

"What?!" You said in defence.

"You could of Run away with Jaune and Cardin while we stall the beast but apperently you had to be the hero" Weiss said getting you to scratch your head.

As Weiss was about to say something else Ozpin step foward and getting the Heiress to calmdown and the professor was now looking at you.

"No i think he did the right choice of holding off that Ursa." Ozpin said getting everyone to look at him.

"Wait really?" You question.

"Yes...apperently there was something off with that Grimm, Goodwitch reported that it was glowing read and it wouldnt go down very easy."

Yang spoke up "Hey he's right, that grimm was off. i hit he's weak point and it wouldnt go down, heck it wouldnt even budge."

You smile "Was thi normal Proffessor?" You gaze at your new mentors that they were looking at one another with thoughts.

"No afraid not Y/N, but do not you worry i got someone who is solving this little mystery so you dont need to worry. at the mean time you get some bed rest." Ozpin said while out the room, while goodwitch followed behind.

As the two dissapeared through the door, Ruby was now up in your face with sparkling eyes. She was asking so many question on what just happen and how did you do it, Yang quickly grab her little sister and calm her down while the other looked at you waited you for an answer.

"Honestly i dont know, when i saw you guys fighting to get me out from under the grimm something came over me that an energy surged through me and wanted me to use all my strength to get rid of the monster." You said while looking at your arms that was bandage up.

"Yeah but look what it got you in" Blake said "If you use more of your power doesnt that mean you could of broken you bones of your arm very seriously that you may not use them again."

This got you thinking for a moment while looking down "Im sorry is just...its just that when i saw you girls and the others hitting it and not doing anygood i had to do something...if it means to sacrifce my arms to save my friends."

"Well thank for that but you got to be more careful Y/N" Blake said .

"She's right Dude..you cant be a huntsman without any arms." Yang said.

You look down in silent while in thought and they may be right,maybe you do need to be careful, what would Raven think when she see you without anyarms to fight anymore.

The sound of the door was heard getting everyone too look who it was, Jaune was standing there looking at you with a sad look on his face and you had the feeling that he wanted to say something, but before you could tell the girls that you wanted to have a talk with him alone you were suprise that cardin was behind him not looking towards you.

You look at the girls and they knew they needed some privacy so they started to walk towards the exit but before that Yang was giving a mean look towards cardin and left. The two enter your room and taken a sit beside your bed, Nothing was being said they both looking at the ground.

"Well you two needed to say something to me?" You ask..

Jaune was about to talk but was cut off "Im sorry.."

Jaune looks at Cardin who was still looking at the ground, you stod silent and let him go first.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk, im sorry for almost killing you and im sorry for not being a good huntsman." Cardin said.

You sighed "Cardin let me asked you something....Why were you making other feel horrible, are you trying to prove something?" you asked.

"I...i dont know...i thought being a huntsman was only for the money and getting famous...i got that stuck in my head..but i think my eyes were open now, by you two." Cardin said looking towards you and Jaune.

"Wait me?!" Jaune got suprised by this.

"Yeah, i made you feel like a loser and made fun you and said that you are-"

"Okay i get it" Jaune said with a serious face.

"But you stood up towards that grimm and rescued me, after everything i did to you.."

"Its fine..i couldnt leave you there..i would never do that if you are hte biggest yerk ever in the school.." Jaune said.

"How can i make it up for both of you?!" Cardin said.

You smile "Well try to change, try to apologize to everyone you bullied if they dont accept you give them time, they'll warm up to you.."

"You really think a guy like me that did horrible thing in school deserve a second chance?" Cardin said.

"Caridin...Sometimes Second chances work out better than the first because you can learn from the mistakes" You smile

"Heh thanks...i guess ill have to think of that....thank Lo-i mean Y/N heh..." Cardin gets up from where he was sitting and smiles "Hope you get better" With that he exits your room getting you too look at Jaune.

You waited for him to say something but he appears was struggling to say something, you were about to say to him if he's alright but he at the moment you could he took a deep breath and look at you.

"I'm sorry Y/N, i shouldnt had said those thing on the roof that other night, i was so frustrated and..."

"Is fine Jaune...listen today was just the start, you did good on holding off the Ursa. with alittle more training you be the greatest huntsman in all remnant." You pat him with your arm getting a sting out of it "FFFFFFFFFUCK!"

Jaune laughed at you outburst "Ok...so are you going to train me?"

"What me..oh no...but i know who can help.." You smile.

"Really who?" Jaune replied.

"Pyrrah would willing to train you.."

Jaune got shock and looks down "I dont know...i think she's pretty mad at me."

"Hey...you dont know until you go talk to her and apologize" You showed him a huge smile getting him to smile back.

"Okay..your right "

Jaune got up from he's seat and walk towards the exit, as you seen him dissapeared you sighed and looked through the window wondering about that ursa, why did it react how it did on Jaune and Cardin, why was it so strong and very aggresive. So many question are untold but it wasnt important for now, the important is to get some rest and recover from your fight and hopefully everything will be answered.