That Smell

Disclaimer: written by @TheTinyestOne

That smell. I couldn't quite recognize it. It was insanely familiar. Like rose with pine and something I may have smelt in the the forbidden forest. It was hauntingly familiar yet not so much that I could place it. It seemed to haunt me around every corner and especially at head student meetings.
It is really annoying.

It is all Professor Slughorns fault, he brought in the love potion, and the smell has been haunting me ever since.

Stupid slughorn.

James has also been haunting me, around ever damn corner, just as I go to see where that wonderfully annoying but nether the less beautiful smell is coming from he is there. Leaning up against a pole or laughing with his friends. I mean, come on, I was that close to seeing my true love and he is there. scaring the poor man off.

I feel sorry for him. My true love. I mean with James in my life and knowing that I'm...

Well, any way. The thing with James is like a short term thing anyway I'm sure. He'll get over his thing with me, and I'll never tell him I like him. So it will all disappear and come to nothing I'm sure. Kind of like Alice and Frank, Alice has been really miserable about them lately. She keeps telling me that somethings not right. I think shes right, Frank HAS been acting weird lately ever since his mysterious talk with Dumbledore. Like he is a little frighten and a little worried. Treating Alice like shes wrapped in porcelain and muttering things about Phoenix's and orders. Whatever. I'm sure I'll running into them smooching somewhere soon.

But back to that smell.

So today, right, it has been really annoying me (the smell I mean) so in a moment of complete and utter lack of brain function I mention it to James.

James, as in James Potter.

As in my fellow head student.

Well, to say the least I was not having a great thinking day.

That smell has been following me everywhere.

Of course.

That damn smell.

So I said to James.

"I can't find who belongs to that stupid smell!" He looked bemused. I can't blame the poor guy, really.

"Er..What?" He said. I still haven't quite processed who I am talking to. So I continue to babble on.

"That smell, the one of my true love. It keeps following me around but every time I get close. James is there! It is irritating!" He chucked. I mean...

What the hell?! Shouldn't his heart have been broken or something?!

Then he laughs and informs me.

"Lily, you can't get find the owner of that smell because it's me,"

Oh.

That makes sense.