Revenge

Disclaimer: written by @JPx3LE

Lily Evans looked at her watch and groaned, 2:30 A.M. She still wasn't asleep and didn't think she was going to be anytime soon. She stretched widely, pulling off her covers and touching her pale feet to the cold wooden floor. Perhaps sitting by the fire in the Common Room would lull her to sleep.

Quietly, she tiptoed down the staircase, careful not to wake her fellow 7th year Gryffindor girls who were lucky enough to be sleeping.

When she got to the plush scarlet couches, she realized she was not alone in her problem. Furrowing her brows in confusion, she found herself staring at the back of her boyfriend, James Potter's, head. He was running a hand through his soft, jet-black unruly hair, sucking on the tip of a quill as he wrote on a sheet of parchment. If he heard her he didn't show it; he just continued writing. He was, she noticed, writing quite furiously, his large, strong hands gliding across the page. Staring back to his face, she wondered whether the quill he was using was a sugarquill or not. Slightly glaring at it, Lily then wondered how it was possible to be mildly envious of a quill. When James Potter's mouth is sucking on it, that's how, she answered herself.

Lightly so as not to disturb him, she walked over and, though she bumped into one the desk chairs having been distracted by him and his quill, he didn't seem to notice her presence. Now to his right, sinking into an armchair closer to the portrait hole where the Fat Lady was no doubt sleeping and farthest from the boy's dormitory stairs, she thought for sure she saw him smirk slightly. However, Lily decided it could've been the trick of the firelight dancing upon his handsome features, or perhaps it was the fact that James seemed to have a smirk permanently painted on his lips. Her thoughts, and eyes, floated back to his mouth and that quill. James continued to lightly suck on the tip of it and Lily began to wonder what it would be like to be one of his quills.

"Like what you see, Evans?" His deep voice asked her; arrogance and amusement evident in his tone.

She jumped at both his voice, and being addressed by that voice. Distracted, yet again, by the quill, she hadn't seen whether he had glanced at her or not. Looking to his whole face now, she saw that his head, still bent, was looking down at the parchment he wrote on. His mouth, still curved into a knowing smirk, was still going at that quill.

Lily swallowed hard, forcing herself to concentrate. "That's one way of putting it," she said softly.

James chuckled, but didn't reply. Lily watched intently as his mouth opened. His tongue, which escaped through his parted lips, gently played with the tip of the feather, causing Lily to clutch the arms of the chair until her knuckles whitened. It was becoming increasingly difficult to not imagine what his mouth could-

"Will you stop that?" Lily asked exasperatedly.

For the first time since she'd come to the Common Room, he stopped writing and looked at her. Their eyes met briefly before she closed hers, trying to steady her breathing and not give James too much satisfaction. However, her attraction to him was sometimes, still, a little overwhelming.

"Did I do something bad?" James asked, his voice softer now.

She heard him stand up and her eyes flew open. He approached her, eyes alight with mischief, and knelt in front of her. Heart rate increasing with anticipation, Lily could have laughed at the effect James was having and seemed to always have on her. Their relationship status did not mean she'd grow immune to James Potter's charm. He practically encircled all of her in his Quidditch toned arms as he placed them on the arms of the giant scarlet chair that currently held her, his face inching towards hers. "Gonna punish me?" He grinned outright.