I hate suprises

Disclaimer: written by TajM

A/N sorry if this is a bit confusing there's flash backs but when I copy and paste it doesn't copy the italics that are meant to be there.

Wait... what was going on with her? This was so weird... she needed to check her vital signs or something because this definitely is NOT happening... wait is this really happening? Somewhere her subconscious mind was yelling "FACE IT SISTER- IT ALREADY HAPPENED! WAAAYYYY PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN!" while the more reasonable part of her said, "No Lily Evans get a hold of your self! This is not what it seems like... You'll wake up any minute now and find out it was just a nasty dream."

But even the sane part of her knew that was a total lie. She already planned everything out- and this was so off schedule, she hated that, she never expected it, she hated that even more, but somewhere that subconscious part of her was screaming once again, "IT'S NOT A BAD THING!"

No Lily hadn't become an unwed mother or murdered some one. She hadn't gotten expelled, or failed the N.E.W.T's... it was something much worse.

Lily Evans fell in love. L-O-V-E, love... she knew it was true love....with James Potter.

If someone told her that even one year ago, she would have exploded of anger and disgust. Hogwarts' number one same-house enemies... the two who made arguing a spectator sport. James Potter the same guy she had loathed with her whole heart and disheartened every time he persistently asked her out, the immature prankster who only she was immune to the charm of. And now after all those year she felt weak in the knees every time she was with him... but not in the same school girl crush like all the other female Hogwarts population... in another strange feeling of butterflies in your stomach right before something big.

So far in this year as they where both heads and Lily saw a totally new side of him. Sometime between the middle of sixth year and the beginning of seventh he changed. For the better, definitely. Since he wasn't pranking on every poor living sole she respected him more, and got to know him better. And something inside of her told her that, he hadn't changed... that this is how he was all along... he just dropped the ego and that made Lily like him even more.

The way he ran his fingers through his hair that once annoyed the living day lights out of her she know found cute. His annoying smirk was know another way of him to tease her in a gentle way- unlike how it used to be just his way of showing off after another cruel or egotistical attempt at something.

It was sweet the way he would stay up with her in the common room past midnight studying for a potions or transfiguration test the other day, with remarks like:

"Lily Flower if you, the smartest witch of our year- are studying this hard for the test... the rest of us are doomed, aren't we?"

Making her blush out-of-character. She used to be very used to his wit. It made her guilty seeing him the next day though. With a sleepy feel to him and dark circles underneath his eyes. Seeing her eye him with the mixture of guilt and concern he just smiled (that swoon worthy smile) and laugh it off as, "I was the one who wanted to spend time in your presence no matter the consequences- and I swear it was worth it."

She loved the loyalty he had- it was honestly overwhelming and his compassion for his friends. She realized it herself around her third year that one of his best friends was a werewolf- Remus Lupin. Without a hint of prejudice about his condition that was no way under his control they became even closer friends with a bond that no one could break. He researched every spare minute for three years and finally he Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew became animagus. Illegal ones at that as he told Lily one night where he had no other choice then but to- scared that she would judge him but all she could do was understand and be in awe of him more because of it. (Of course not before yelling at him.)