Dear Daddy

Disclaimer: written by little light

A/N this isn't a jily one shot it's an adorably sad one shot about Harry :(

5-year-old Harry Potter sat at the small desk nearest the fish tank in his year 1 class, waiting for free play to be over. He hated free play. Nobody would play with him because his cousin Dudley threatened to beat them up if they did. So they left him alone.

He opened the tray under his desk and pulled a sheet of lined paper and a pencil and began to write a letter.

To daddy,

I miss you and mummy. The other children don't play with me because Dudley tells them not to. If you were here I would have friends because I would live with you.

It's my birthday soon, my teacher told me. I don't really know what a birthday is. On Dudley's, he gets lots of nice presents. I don't. Why don't I get nice presents, daddy? What did I do wrong?

I try to be good at Auntie Petunia's and Uncle Vernon's house. Honest I do. But they say I'm a bad boy and they lock me in my cupboard. I do everything they tell me but they still say I'm bad. Why daddy?

I like Math daddy. The other children make fun of me for it. Especially Dudley. He calls me four-eyes. Everybody makes fun of me because I have to wear Dudley's old clothes and they don't fit me. They're a bad colour too.

My cupboard is small and cold but I like it in there because Dudley can't get me when his friends come round. I have 2 friends in my cupboard. They are spiders called Lily and James. I don't know why but I just like the names.

I wish I could see you and mummy. I want to know what you both look like. There are no photos and I get smacked and shouted at for asking. I just want to know what you look like.

Auntie Petunia will only tell me that you died in a car crash and that's how I got my scar. But I remember a not very nice laugh and a very bright green light that hurt my eyes and made my head feel funny. What was that daddy?

I wish you and mummy were still here. I don't like it at Dudley's house. He picks on me and gets me into trouble.

I don't know you very well but I love you both and I wonder if I will ever see you again.

From your son,

Harry.

Harry pulled the letter up near his face to read his letter.

"I know how you feel. My daddy's gone too." A small girl said behind him. Harry turned to see a small blonde girl called Paige looking over his shoulder.

"I lost my mummy too." Harry said glumly. Paige sat down next to Harry and looked again at his letter.

"Even though they're not here, I'm sure they love you very much." Paige said, smiling slightly. Harry smiled at her and she took hold of his hand. "Come play with me!" She said, smiling and not worrying about Dudley. Harry put his letter in his tray and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with his new friend.