truth or dare: marauder style (part 4 finale)

Snape and Malfoy, seeming completely depressed about their current situation, chose a seat in the far corner of James' room, away from the Marauders. Lily smiled evilly at them as she trailed into the room behind them, shutting the door with a snap.

"So," Lily said. "Where did we leave off at?"

"You just dared Sirius to run outside," James told her. "So it's Sirius' turn." Sirius seemed overjoyed by this information and clapped his hands gleefully, all the while not taking his eyes off of the two Slytherins in the corner.

"I choose Snape," Sirius said.

"What am I being chosen for?" Snape asked. "If we are to embark in your silly little game, we might as well know the rules first."

"Oh, sure," Sirius said. "Lil, you explain it."

"Fine," she said. "It's actually quite simple. You choose between two things, truth or dare. If you choose truth you have to answer, truthfully of course, any question he asks you. If you choose dare you have to do something he tells you to do. As I said, simple."

"Yes," Snape said, beginning to look uncomfortable.

"Face it, Snivellus," James said. "Either way you two are screwed." Snape and Malfoy both glared at him.

"As 'fun' as it may seem," Snape said. "I wish to take no part in your silly little games. I shall be leaving now."

"Oh, no you don't," Lily said, grabbing his robes and sitting him down again as he got up to leave. "You two are not leaving until you have done at least one thing."

"And who is to say we are not?" Malfoy asked, looking disgusted. "Who's going to stop us?"

"I will," Lily said. At this remark, Malfoy and Snape both burst out laughing.

"Oh," Malfoy said mockingly. "The Mudblood is going to do something terrible to us! Watch out Severus, she may touch us! Lord knows what will happen to us then!" Lily gave them a death glare and then smiled sweetly, which made them stop laughing immediately.

"Oh, believe me, Malfoy," she said. "I could do something that would make you regret not staying." Snape and Malfoy exchanged glances to see if the other believed her. It seemed that they both did for they sat silently, not moving.

"This is all fine and dandy," Sirius said. "But the sooner you two choose your fates, the sooner you can go home. Understand? Now, Snivellus, what do you choose? Truth or dare?"

"Must I?" Snape asked, still looking disgusted.

"Yes!" Sirius yelled at him. "Choose NOW!"

"Uh... truth, I guess," Snape said. Sirius' face fell for a moment, but he regained his smile in a second.

"Okay," Sirius said, gleefully. "I've got a good question for you!"

"Spare me," Snape said, his face void of emotion.

"If there were any girl in Gryffindor that you had to go out with, who would it be, and why?" Sirius asked gleefully. Snape looked disgusted.

"I refuse to answer such a question!" Snape burst out. "That is disgusting! I don't even know why I am here in the first place."

"Because we made you stay," Lily said. "Now, answer the question."

"No."

"Do you really want us to use force, Snivellus?" James asked, narrowing his eyes. "We could force it out of you, and that would be no fun... for you."

"There are girls in Gryffindor?" Malfoy asked quietly. Lily's eyes blazed and she shot up and slapped him, hard, across the face. He sputtered with indignation.

"So, Snivellus," Lily said. "Are you going to answer the question, or are you going to make us force it out of you."

"I don't know any girls in Gryffindor," he said. Lily's eyes blazed again. "Except Evans," he added quickly.

"So it would be Lily?!" Sirius shrieked. "Ew! Poor Lily!"

"That hurt..." Malfoy whimpered.

"You're a little slow, aren't you Malfoy?" Peter asked.

"Shut the hell up, Pettigrew," Malfoy said. "You're one to talk about being slow."

"Now, Malfoy," Remus said suddenly. "That wasn't very nice of you. We could still do something, like, say, turn you pink for a week."

"Exactly," Sirius said as Malfoy became even more pale than usual. "I don't think any of our professors will excuse you for that."

"So," Sirius said. "Since Snivellus doesn't know the rules very well..."

"No," Lily said. "As much as I... dislike him..."

"Go on, Lil," James urged. "Use a stronger word."

"Dislike them," she repeated. "We should give them a fair chance."

"Lily!" Sirius whined. All four Marauders could see the evil glint in Snape's eye.

"I just got this strange feeling that this night isn't going to be as fun as we thought it would be..." Remus noted.