When she was crying

Disclaimer: written by @Little Miss Zy

WARNING: THIS ONE SHOT IS A LITERAL EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER LIKE AJSKDKSKSKKSJDHDJ I LOVED IT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS DO AS WELL

Something strange happened to Lily Evans, but it was always when she was crying.

At the beginning of her 6th year, Lily Evans found herself curled up next to a vacant classroom with tears running down her face. She felt completely lost and alone. No matter how much Severus apologized she just couldn't forgive him. Of course she had other friends, but they didn't understand why she was so torn up about losing him. No matter how much she hated him for what he did part of her would always be hurt by his absence. They were once best friends, and forgetting a best friend is harder than one might think.

But Severus wasn't the only person she was upset with. No, she was also angry with the boy who pushed him into using that awful word. James Potter. Now that they were back at school avoiding him was near impossible. The only place she could get away from him was her dormitory. He somehow managed to always be where she was; the common room, the library, her classes, the great hall. He was always there.

Lily felt like a complete baby. She was Lily Evans, the girl who was smart, collected, well mannered, and not a baby. But here she was, crying on a dirty corridor floor. It felt like she had been crying for hours when Lily heard footsteps nearing her. She quickly shoved her face into her hands and silently prayed that the passerby would ignore her and keep walking.

"Evans?"

Her heart stopped. It was the voice of the last person on earth she wanted to see.

"What... Evans, are you okay?" She felt him sit next to her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing Potter." she spat and turned her head away, wiping her eyes, "Just leave me alone."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." She shot him a glare and practically growled at him,

"And why on earth would I do that? So you can use it against me again, so you can try and ruin my life once again!?"

"So I can help you!" His shout echoed in the empty hall and was followed by a deathly silence. Their eyes locked on each other for a long moment before Lily dropped her gaze and laughed darkly.

"Yeah, help me look like a bloody idiot."

"Lily, I'm serious. I really want to help you with whatever the problem is."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do!"

"No! You don't! I know what you're playing at! You've been doing this for years! 'Let's see if we can break Lily Evans! Let's publicly mock her with hundreds of fake proposals! Let's ruin her!'" Lily was sobbing by the end of her screech and breathing hard. James stared at her with a look of shock.

"You... You thought I was mocking you?" he breathed. The red head simply turned away, her eyes burning with tears. "Evans, I never was mocking you. I... I honestly really, really like. I have for years."

She chanced a glace at him. He looked sincere but for all she knew it was an act.

"I don't believe you." His face fell. The look of hurt in his eyes was almost agonizing.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I made you feel that way. What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Nothing," she said, but James didn't seem satisfied with this answer.

"No, I'm going to prove to you that I care. I, James Potter, am going to be the best friend Lily Evans could ask for!"

"Ha!" She croaked as she stood up and began walking away. "I'd like to see you try."