Untitled (first kiss)

A/N okay so this chapter was left untitled and I'm in the mood for some first kiss jily fluff so imma do a little spam of them oki

Disclaimer: written by @memoriesofdayspast-andtocome on Tumblr

It started off like any other interaction with James Potter and Lily Evans. A fight. James and Lily's fights were notorious for being loud and usually ended up in someone getting hurt. Usually it was James. All of the other students in their year had gown immune to the two, but it still came as a shock to the rest of the school every time the two were at each others throat's. Which was a lot.
But today was different.
This time the two were fighting about Lily's new boyfriend, Liam. James didn't like him, surprise, surprise. Lily didn't think it was any of his damn business. Which it wasn't, but he didn't care. Reason never applied to him with Lily was involved.
"But he's such a dollophead!" James protested, walking alongside the pissed off red head.
"Dollophead? That's a new one, two points for creativity." Lily muttered, wanting nothing more then for him to just go away but it didn't look like that was happening any time soon. Potter was on a roll.
"Thank you, but that besides the point. You're too good for him, Evans! He doesn't deserve you." James replied, not even pausing. His words brought Lily to a stop at the top of a staircase as she turned to look at him.
"Well at least he doesn't hex and torment my best friend." She shot back, her words like ice. "And if Liam isn't good enough for me then who is? You?" She asked, not caring if she was being insensitive. She was tired of James butting his fat nose into things that did not concern him.
James took a half step back at her words. "No. I'm not good enough for you either. You're right." He spoke softly and he meant every singe word. "I'm sorry. I won't be bothering you again."
Those had not been the words Lily had been expecting. A whole bunch on emotions coursed through her body as she wordlessly watched him take a few steps down the stairs and away from her. A part of her wanted to call out to him, to stop him. But she had no idea what she would tell him. That she loved him? No. That she cared for him? Maybe. But it was too late now. He was gone.
"No. You know what?" James's voice cut through her thoughts and she turned to see him looking at her, just a few steps bellow her. "I'm a selfish bastard and I'm done apologizing."
"Apologizing for what?" Lily's voice sounded a little breathy and neither of them had any idea why.
"For wanting what I want." He replied, his voice filled with a mix of emotions and next thing that she knew, James was up the stairs and his hands were on her neck and his mouth was on hers. And to her surprise even more then his, she was kissing him back.
Her hands came up to rest over his as the kiss continued for a moment. And you know what? Those were the best damn moments of both their lives up to that point. But after a while James broke the kiss and the two looked at each other, both of their eyes were huge and filled with emotion. Lily found herself quiet speechless as her looked into James's eyes. James, however, rarely found himself with that problem and now was no different.
"Apologizing for that." And with those words, he was gone. Back down the stairs to god knew were, leaving a very confused and distraught Lily in his wake.
105 notes