Something

Disclaimer: written by @ obsessivee

"I'm packing up," James said to Sirius and Remus as he began to take clothes from his drawer, and place them in the trunk. Sirius and Remus gathered around him with horrorstruck expressions on their faces.
"Why?" they both asked at once.

"Man, it's a good thing, I'm telling you," James said for the millionth time.

"What kind of friends would we be if you leaving was ever a good thing?" Sirius grinned.

"Look, we made up, so I don't need to stay here, mates," James grabbed a stray sock and added it to his pile. "Now, where's my Potions essay? I might need that," he checked his watch. "Ah, in thirty minutes."

"Are you a wizard?" Remus asked.

"Ah, right," James rolled his eyes. "Accio Potions essay!" Suddenly, about fifty Potions essays came flying at him from all parts of Gryffindor Tower. Cries of outrage echoed among the tower as people yelled about their essays being whisked from them. "Uh oh," James said.

"Well, on the bright side, your essay's gotta be here somewhere!" Sirius said happily.

"Cheers," James glared.

It was fifteen minutes later, Remus having deftly gotten the essays all back to their owners with the use of his wand.
"I'm telling you, Remus, you and that wand, it's like magic," Sirius said to him as they helped James hover his possessions back to the Heads' Dorm.

"I'm just not going to say anything, Padfoot," Remus shook his head shamefully.

"Well, here we are," James ignored his friends as they stopped outside a portrait of the Crying Lemur. He stated his password quickly, and stepped through the hole.

"Hey, James!" came a female voice from inside.

"Honey, I'm home," Sirius made a nice impression of James's voice as he tailed the cage with James's owl, Snitch, through the hole.

"Oh, hello," Lily made an extra greeting for Remus and Sirius as James set his things down in the Head Boy dorm room.

"Ready for breakfast?" Lily asked briskly to her boyfriend as she straightened the Head Girl badge on her robes.

"I'm just going to unpack," James answered, smiling at her.

"See you later, then," Lily agreed, disappearing through the portrait hole. Remus and Sirius kept smiling expressions plastered on their faces until she passed, before rounding on James.

"How could you forgive her?" Remus spoke first.

"You know she's messing you around!" Sirius added.

"She's not messing me around," James turned around and went into his room, with Sirius and Remus on his tail.

"How did you explain what happened a few days ago?" Sirius asked, as he started to fold shirts and return them to his drawers.

FLASHBACK

Lily came in through the portrait James had actually showed her to be a passage out of the castle. When she emerged, James, Sirius, and Remus were staring back at her.

"Hey!" Lily quickly got over her startled spell, picking up the wand she had dropped, and getting a grip on the parcel she was holding.

"What'd we buy?" James asked flirtatiously, making a pass at the package.

"No!" Lily struggled to get him from taking the package.

"What, is it a love present from that old boyfriend of yours, Timothy?" James joked.