It all started in potions

A/N oki imma try and write a one shot it'll probably be rlly bad but who cares?

K I just finished writing it and it's shit xo

It all started in potions. Of course it was potions why wouldn't it be.

"Miss Evans!" Professor Slughorn shouts "do you know what this potion is called?"
"Amortentia sir?" I reply hastily
"Correct of course miss Evans!" Slughorn beams.

"Today we shall be brewing amortentia the worlds strongest love potion. Of course it doesn't create real love it's false. The smell of the potion is different for every single one of you in this room. As you smell what you love. Alright now for partners!" Slughorn drones on. I share a look with marls meaning we will be partners.

"I will decide the partners." Slughorn decides ruining my day even more. How great.
"McKinnon and Black"
"Pettigrew and meadows"
"McDonald and diggory"
"Snape and Avery"
"Lupin and mulciber"
"Potter and Evans"
"Prewitt and Malfoy"
Just great I thought another thing to ruin my day further. Partners with James. Let's hope he doesn't blow up our cauldron or something. It shouldn't be too bad considering we are friends this year. Well that's kinda a given as we are heads, eh let's get this on with.

"And start!" Sluggy booms.

I look around for James and find him at a desk with that wide heartbreakingly adorable smile- wait adorable? No no no adorable and Potter don't mix. "Evans!" I hear James yell and I make my way over to our desk. "Hey Lils." "Hi James" I reluctantly reply.

I get the cauldron and turn the gas on and I start to put water into it but ofc James interrupts me. "How can I help?" He asks eagerly. "Um how about you go and get the ingredients." I give him a list with all the ingredients we need and he rushes over with them.

*time skip to when they finish the potion*

"Just one more stir and we should be done!" I shout with glee. "Knew you could do it lily-pad" James remarks.

The potion shimmers from a pale purple to a baby pink. Perfect. I take a sniff and I smell a few things. Parchment, My Mums lemon pie, the griffindor common room, and a smell that I can't put my finger on. It smells like a mix of the forest but Smokey and not a bad smoke a good Smokey like mysterious. In that final scent I can also get hints of treacle tart, it's so weird and yet so familiar.
"What'd you smell?" James asks snapping me out of my trance.
"You first."
"Fine, I smell the quidditch pitch, my house, hogwarts and a flowery sort of smell. Now what'd u smell?"
"I- well I smelt parchment" I heard a snort " my mums lemon pies, our common room, and another smell that I can't put my finger on"
"Boringggggg" potter says

*ringgggg ringggg ringggg ringgg ringgggg ringggggg ringgggg ringggggg ringgggg*

God can our bell get anymore annoying? Anyways me and James walk out of the classroom together. And we walk down to the great hall, "so what are you doing in the holidays?" James asks trying to make some conversation
"Well me Marlene, Mary, Dorcus and Alice are going down to Australia together and we are spending the holidays in a cute little beach house my parents brought."
"Sounds fun" he says
"Yeah, anyway what are you doing?"
"Me and the boys will probably come up with something like we always do."
We reach the door to the Great Hall and all our friends are already seated and eating dinner.

Me and James make our way down and We sit in between Sirius and Marlene. Just as I grab a plate I catch a sniff on the person seated right next to me and it's that smell, the one I smelt in potions " Holy shit!" I exclaim out loud.
"You okay lily-flower?" Sirius asks
"Grand Siri-poo" I reply
Then I give the girls the look. Clearly saying 'help I am in serious need of a girls night right now because something life changing happened and I don't know what to do anymore and I think I like him.'
"HOLY SHIT ALRIGHT" Marlene screams.