Chapter 8

Taehyung put his head in Jungkook's lap and took out his phone, scrolling through his social media. Jungkook smiled at him and ran his hand through his blonde hair. Taehyung turned his phone off and set it on is chest. "I'm not looking forward to school tomorrow.." Taehyung groaned. "No ones ever looking forward to school, Taetae." Jungkook chuckled. "I don't wanna go home.." Taehyung groaned again and held Jungkook's hand. Jungkook snickered and squeezed his hand. "Ill take you home." Taehyung looked up at him and smiled. "Can we walk?" He asks. Jungkook nods.

Taehyung gets up happily and walks downstairs, putting his shoes on. Jungkook followed him and did the same. He opened the door for Taehyung and closed it behind them. Outside, the sun was setting, making the sky a beautiful pink and blue ombré. Taehyung looked up at the sky and sighed happily. Jungkook slowly slid his hand into Taehyung's and intertwined their fingers. Taehyung smiled at him and they began their walk.

The boys barley talked during the walk. They just enjoyed each other's presence and the beautiful night. When they got to Taehyung's house Taehyung was about to let go of Jungkook's hand when he suddenly pulled him close to him and connected their lips. Taehyung was caught off guard and didn't know how to react until he started kissing back. They broke apart and Taehyung was a blushing mess. Jungkook chuckled and waved to him. "See you tomorrow, Taetae." With that, Jungkook turned around and started the walk back to his house.

Taehyung stood there for a good ten seconds, frozen. He wasn't really sure what him and Jungkook were but that kiss made him feel alive. Finally, Taehyung got himself together and made his way to his front door. He was greeted by his parents "ooooo"-ing. Taehyung looked at them, confused then it hit him. "Oh my goodness. Did you guys see?" He motioned out the window. His parents nodded and continued their teasing. Taehyung rolled his eyes and ignored them, walking up to his room.

He flopped onto his bed and pulled out his phone.

Jungkook: goodnight, Taetae ❤️ sweet dreams

Taehyung smiled at the text and began to text back.

Taehyung: sweet dreams, kookieee!! ❤️ ❤️

Taehyung plugged is phone in and started listening to some random music on his TV. He slowly started to fall asleep after about five songs.

<——*.*——>

Jungkook read the message and smiled at it for a while, reading it over and over. Finally, he put his phone on his nightstand and closed his eyes.

Jungkook woke up to his phone dinging. He rubbed his eyes and checked the time. It was 6:30 on a Monday morning. Jungkook reached over to grab his phone to check who had texted him. It was his dad. Jungkook hadn't heard from either of his parents for so long.

Dad: come downstairs. Now.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the text but did as it said. He put on a shirt and made his way downstairs. He made it to the bottom of the stairs and looked around. He saw his dad standing, arms crossed, in the kitchen. Jungkook frowned. Him and his dad never had the greatest relationship. His dad would always yell at him and threaten to hit him. Luckily, he never hit him but he would hit his mom. She wanted to leave him but she was scared because she didn't know if she'd have enough money if she left him. And if she was abused while they were together, who knows what he would do to her if she divorced him.

Jungkook's dad just stared at him for a few seconds. "Your mom died," Jungkook's dad said blankly. Jungkook's eyes widened as tears threatened to fall. "And don't you dare cry. The woman deserved it anyway." Jungkook looked at his dad, disgusted with his words. "How dare you say that?" Jungkook yelled, his voice cracking. His dad walked over to him slowly and brought his hand up, smacking Jungkook's face hard. Jungkook yelped and brought his hand up to his cheek. "Don't raise your voice at me," He said with absolutely no emotion. "Ill be leaving again. I just thought i should tell you about that bitch's death." Jungkook bit his lip so hard to stop himself from crying that he thought he would bite right through it.

With that, Jungkook's dad turned around, arms still crossed, and left. As soon as his dad left, Jungkook sat on the stairs, put his face in his hands and cried. He cried for about half an hour and checked the time. He realized it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go to school with a huge bruise on his cheek. He didn't want anyone worrying, especially Taehyung.

Jungkook wiped his face with the back of his hand before making his way back to his room. Ten minutes later Jungkook got a text from Taehyung.

Taehyung: kookie? Are you okay? Why aren't you at school?

Jungkook: yeah I'm okay, just a bit sick... I'm not going to be able to make it to school today. Sorry, Tae.. ill miss you ❤️

Taehyung: oh no.. i hope you feel better soon. Ill miss you more ❤️

Jungkook smiled slightly at the text before putting his phone down. He brought his hand back up to the spot where his dad hit him and he got up. He walked over to the mirror in his room. He removed his hand from his cheek. To see a big red spot in the shape of a hand on his cheek. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes again as he kept staring at the mark. He turned away from the mirror and flopped back in his bed. He closed his eyes, deciding sleep was probably the best thing right now.

———————————————-

Sorry that this chapter is kinda short- but i hope you had a great day/night and remember you are all beautiful and valid. I purple you 💜