Chapter 9

Taehyung knocked on Jungkook's door with the soup in his hand. No one answered so he knocked again. Shuffling could be heard inside the house. Soon, the door opened to show Jungkook in gray sweatpants and a blue hoodie with the hoodie up, covering most of his face.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, surprised. He pulled his hoodie over his face more so Taehyung couldn't see the bruise. "Well, you said you were sick so I wanted to bring you some soup," Taehyung says, handing the soup to Jungkook. Jungkook smiles and takes the soup. "Thank you, Taetae but you should probably go. I don't want you getting sick too." Taehyung shook his head. "Getting sick is the least of my worries, Kookie. I came here to take care of you." Taehyung smiled. "Taehyung, you really shoul-" Taehyung cuts Jungkook off. "Please, kookie. I just wanna take care of you." Taehyung frowns. Jungkook also frowns, knowing he cant say no to him. He sighs and moves aside, letting Taehyung come in.

Taehyung smiles his big boxy smile, making Jungkook smile as well. Taehyung turns to look at Jungkook. "So, what's up with you?" He asks. He brings the back of his hand up to Jungkook's forehead, checking for a fever. "Hmm.. you don't seem to have a fever.." Jungkook's heart beats fast. He doesn't want Taehyung to find out about his dad or the fact that he lied about being sick. "Does anything hurt?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook thought. "Well, my throat hurt pretty bad this morning. That's why I didn't come to school." Taehyung nods slowly and grabs his phone. "Open your mouth wide, stick your tongue out and say 'ah'," Taehyung instructed.

Jungkook's eyes widened. He had not thought this through. Jungkook follows Taehyung's instruction and Taehyung holds Jungkook's chin, tilting his head where he needed it. He turned on the flashlight to his phone and moved closer to Jungkook so he could see his throat. "Looks fine" Taehyung said, putting his phone away. He was still really close to Jungkook and Jungkook had to fight against pulling him closer.

"Well, that's good. Glad its gotten better.." Jungkook laughed nervously. Taehyung looked at him suspiciously but brushed it off. "Why don't you drink some of your soup? It'll help your throat.' Jungkook nods and walks over to his couch, Taehyung following behind him.

Jungkook sits down and drinks his soup, happily. He grabs the remote and turns a movie on. Taehyung sits farther away from Jungkook to give him some space. Jungkook sees this and moves closer to Taehyung. Taehyung smiles at him and watches him drink his soup, turning back to the TV. Jungkook pulls his hoodie over his face a little bit more. He feels bad about lying to him but he doesn't want him to worry.

Jungkook finished his soup and threw the container away, sitting back on the couch next to Taehyung. Taehyung looked at him. "You feel any better?" Jungkook nodded and thanked him for the soup. Taehyung smiled and nodded. "You should take your hoodie off, its really hot in here. I don't want you to have a heat stroke." Taehyung chuckled. Jungkook was really hot but he couldn't take his hoodie off. "I'm actually pretty cold.." Jungkook lied. "You're crazy." Taehyung rolled his eyes and laid his head back, looking at the ceiling. Jungkook did the same and slowly fell asleep, Taehyung as well.

Taehyung woke up first and rubbed his eyes, forgetting where he was for a second. He turns to Jungkook with his hood down. There was a red mark across his cheek and his eyes widened. Taehyung rubbed his eyes again and hoped it was just his eyes messing with him. When he finished rubbing his eyes and it was still there he became very concerned. He didn't want too wake Jungkook up though so he waited for him to wake up himself.

As soon as Jungkook woke up he was bombarded with questions from Taehyung. When he realized his hood was down he understood all of Taehyung's questions. His eyes widened as he pulled his hood back up. "Jungkook, what is that? Is that why you didn't come to school today?" Taehyung asked, moving closer to Jungkook and moving his head so Jungkook was looking at him. Jungkook sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry.. i should have told you. I just didn't want you to worry." Jungkook dropped his head, looking his hands. "Little too late for that. Now, who did it?" Taehyung runs his hand over it gently

Jungkook pursed his lips before mumbling, "My dad.." Taehyung's jaw dropped slightly. "What? Why? When was he here?" Taehyung asked quickly. "He came here this morning and he told me my mom had passed away... he said she deserved it. I yelled at him and that's how this happened. Then, he left.." Jungkook explained. Taehyung grabbed his hands, making Jungkook look up at him. "I'm so sorry, kookie.. about your mom and your dad. I'm always here if you need me.."Taehyung comforted him. Jungkook smiled and pulled the other in for a hug. He hugged him tightly and Taehyung hugged back.

"Thank you, Taetae," Jungkook said, pulling away from him. "Of course, kookie. Anytime." Taehyung smiled.

The two cuddled on the couch for a while longer. "I should probably head home," Taehyung said, moving out of Jungkook's arms so he could stand up. Jungkook frowned. "Aww.. okay.." Taehyung chuckled and caressed Jungkook's cheek. "Ill see you tomorrow." Jungkook nodded and walked Taehyung to the door. "Bye, Taetae!" Jungkook waved him off. "Bye, Kookie!" Taehyung waved back and started walking back to his house.

—————————————

Sorry for all the bad chapters lately- i promise they'll get better and there will be some upcoming angst hehe- anyway hope you are having a great day/night and i purple you all 💜