¹⁷

By the Waterfront Et Cetera
(For Adults)

Part I

======

The day was bright and was in a perfect weather, perfect to hang out with friends. And that was the workers of Stile is doing. Maika had walked through the path as she finally arrive to their destination. They had planned to have a picnic together and Mafuyu had suggested the place. They had picked a place beside the riverbank and here there are now. The girl admired the view and the breeze. She walked to the river and kneeled, checking the temperature of the water. She then smiled, knowing it is the right for them to maybe swim a little.

"Maika!" Maika heard as she turn around to see Dino walking along side with Mafuyu. "How's the river?"

Maika smiled and yelled back. "Still a little cold, but it feels good!" She soon saw four of her co-workers in a gloomy form.

Kaho looked like she wanted to sit down for all of her life, Miu looked like she's about to puke, Akizuki looked dead and Karin yawned with some tears coming out of her eyes. Maika was confused to their reaction. "Um... Why aren't you all having fun in the river? It feels good."

The four sat down, the gloom was still above them. "Leave us alone. You shouldn't drag indoor people outdoors."

"This is supposed to be an informal social gathering."

"Why a river?! It should've be karaoke!"

"Tough luck." Mafuyu replied towards Kaho and Akizuki's arguement. "We play rock-paper-scissors, and a barbecue at the river was decided."

"I don't mind coming to the river, but I just want to stay still!" Kaho exclaimed.

Karin suddenly beginning to lay down on the stone floor. "I want to sleep~"

"Karin, don't sleep on the ground. It's dirty."

"But..." Maika said, worried that the others are not having fun.

"That's fine." Miu said as the teen look at her as she took something from her bag. "I prepared this and that for us, too."

"Something to play with?"

One of them laid a large blanket for them to rest on as Kaho plugged in her earphones and started playing on her game console. Miu seems to be drawing something, Akizuki had a manga on his hands and Karin was on Miu's laptop, making a story.

Maika watch their behavior in a deadpanned expression.

The pinkette adjust her glasses before giving them a reason. "I want to conserve my energy until the event."

Akizuki look up from reading. "Come to think of it, it's almost Summer Comiket."

The girl beside him suddenly had an idea. "Miu, how about we make Koyo as our group's casher there? Koyo, if you willing too, I'll buy you a ticket." Karin said as she stood up from the laptop and wrapped her arms around Akizuki.

Miu smiled. "That would be great! Will you, Akizuki?"

Akizuki hype up from Karin's suggestion and grab her arms that was still around his neck. "Really?! It's good thing I can calculate!" Both of them grin to each other and Karin kissed his cheek.

Miu stole back her laptop and open a tab to quickly type something after seeing such a cute scene.

"E-Excuse me! Let's at least have barbecue!"

======

Dino had sat up the barbecue grill and was readying the fire with the coal. Maika watched how he does the grill in amazement. "Manager, you're used to doing that, huh?"