²¹

Busy with Bananas and Strawberries

Part III

======

Both the missing staffs had finally come back safely with the strawberries. It was only a pack but it was enough for the evening.

"Two berry berry strawberry almond jellies are up!" Akizuki called out the order as Karin quickly grab it and took it the customers.

Akizuki wipe some sweat from his forehead and look over at Dino, who's washing the dishes. "The manager is actually working hard. Goes to show how busy we are today."

"What does that suppose to mean?!"

At the main room, Maika brings in cups that had been used and look at the room that was filled with customers. 'When it's crowded like this, I should walk carefully so I don't bother the customers. Is there a free table?' Maika heard the door open and quickly went to serve them.

"Welcome! There are two of you, right? Let's put you in the corner so the other customers won't be inconvenienced." Maika said, haven't realized her sarcasm.

The two customers look at each other. "Maika is as stabby as ever!"

"N-No! It just came out wrong!"

With the other waitresses, Kaho was writing on the notepad for the order, but forgetting her act. "Okay, that's a melon soda, ginger ale and two rice omelets, right?"

"Oh, for the rice omelet, I'll go with the ketchup picture option please."

"Okay, sure!"

The two customers had realized she isn't doing her act. "Huh? What about your tsundere character?"

Kaho flinched as an irk mark landed on her head and yelled. "Never mind that!"

"She's mad at us?!"

With Mafuyu, she barely grasp her character as well. "So you also want two strawberry and raspberry almond jellies."

"Oh, and more water please."

"Water it is!" She couldn't handle it as she silently murmured. "It be easier if the water was self-service here."

The customers look at her. "M-Mafuyu?"

"She fell down and act all innocently. "Two glasses of water are so heavy that I can't carry them!" The two customers sweat dropped.

On the other side, Karin put the almond jelly on the table. "Here you go." She then put a strawberry parfait on the other table.

"Huh? What happen to the free dessert?"

Karin flinch when she heard them since she always gives out free dessert. She took a deep breathe and look at them. "I don't mean to sound rude, but you two look a little fat so no free desserts for now."

The customers look kinda sad but accept it anyways.

======

It is finally night time as the café finally closed. Maika sighed, seating on one of the chairs with Kaho and Karin. "We're finally done for the day."

Kaho lean back on her chair as Karin lay her head on the table using her arms as a pillow.

"Haven't we been a little too busy lately?"

"I want to sleep..."

"You may be right." Dino replied. "I'm grateful that business is booming, but..."