²⁹

Good at Tsundere, Bad at Cornering

Part I

======

Inside of the cafe's kitchen, Dino was happily humming as he fry the patties while Akizuki was beside him peeling the potato. The blond man then let out a relief sigh, smiling. "Whenever I think about yesterday, it makes me feel good!"

For context, Dino had a good time together with Maika at the park, having picnic with her and Owner. "Having a good time with Maika at the park for half the day... Even enjoying Maika's homemade lunch... What a great day!"

Instead of complimenting him, Akizuki sighed with a gloomy aura around him.

Dino turn to him when he didn't hear a reply from his co worker. "What's wrong, Akizuki? Looks like you're not happy for me."

"No, actually..." Akizuki started and tell him what happened.

======

It was early in the morning and Akizuki walked in the café. He could've been walking here with Karin, but she wasn't at home. He assume she went early.

"Morning." He greeted as he went inside the break room. He saw a gloomy Karin laying on the table with Smokey beside her, poking her head.

"Hey! What's wrong?!" Akizuki asked immediately as he went beside Karin. "Did something happen? Get a hold of yourself!" He touch her shoulder to comfort her.

Karin look up to see her lover. "K-Koyo..." She sobbed.

"Don't cry! What's wrong?"

Karin look away from him then to her phone. "...I-It's about my family... T-they wanted me to go home."

Akizuki calmed down and stood properly. "Your family, huh? That isn't such a bad idea to go back."

Karin stood up and grab his hand. "That's not it, Koyo! They wanted me back for good! They wanted me to come back to live with them again! I do want to go back, but I can't leave you guys here!"

Akizuki froze when he heard she's going to move.

======

"...and that's the end of it." Akizuki explained to Dino.

"Come to think of it, she did say about moving..." Dino murmured as Akizuki grab his collar shirt and grip it.

"You knew all along?"

"But she didn't say she really is! She just talk to me about it!"

"I've got an order." Karin said from outside of the kitchen, all gloomy and still in character. "Two berry...almond jellies...please..."

Akizuki was looking at her with pure sadness and worried. "What should I do? I really don't want her to leave, but it is for a family..."

"You'll figure something out." Dino tried to assured him.

======

Karin sighed as she write down the customers order. Her eyes were as empty as ever, making the customers in front of her worried.

"You seem down today, Karin."

"Your eyes aren't lit up as it was before."

Karin look up and started to panic. 'Oh no! Now the customers are worried about me!'

Karin then went her usual kuudere self. "Sorry, you don't have to worry about me."

"Are you sure?"

Karin nodded and walk away. 'Pay attention, Karin! Koyo will be worried if you keep it this way!'

Time past by, Karin was taking her break with her phone in front of her. She wanted to tell her parents that she won't be going back, but it was hard for her to break their hearts. She sighed again.

At the kitchen, Akizuki was making Karin's favorite strawberry smoothie. He sighed. "I guess that does it." He grab the smoothie and walk to the break room.

As he opens it, he saw Karin was staring at her phone. "Karin..."

She look up from her stare to see Akizuki closing the door behind him. "K-Koyo! D-Do you need something?"

"Here." Akizuki put the smoothie down beside her phone.

"Um...I'll pass this time. I don't feel like it." Karin sadly say when she saw the smoothie. All this thinking she should move to her parents' house is making her loose her appetite.

Akizuki sat down next to her. "Karin, I just want to ask this, do you want to move back to your parents?"

Karin hesitantly nodded.

Akizuki tried to cheer her up. "If you feel like moving back, then move."

Karin was confused to why he suddenly suggest her to move back. "W-why are you suggesting me that? You...don't want me here?" She then look down.

"H-Huh? That's not what I meant! Of course I want you here! It just that..." Akizuki didn't know what to say this time. He look over to her phone, seeing the word Mom on it as a message pop up.

Karin look at it to see her mom asking her what will she think of moving in.

"I meant to say that...if you feel like you want to move back, you can, and I will support that. Don't worry about me and Smokey, if that was what made you worried." Akizuki said as Smokey laid beside him on the table.

Karin look at how he was actually caring for her. She look back to her phone when suddenly it rings. She pick it up to see her mom calling her. Karin look back at Akizuki as he nodded.

Karin frowned and took a deep breathe and call her back. "Hey, mom!"

"Karin, sweety! Oh, how I miss you!"

"I miss you too, mom."

"So, about moving back, how about it?"

"Mom...about that... Can I stay here?"

This makes both Smokey and Akizuki look at her. Akizuki's eyes widened.

"Why is that, Karin?"

Karin look at Akizuki and smiled. "Remember that I told you about this boy? Well...I want to stay with him. I do want to move back with you and dad but... I just can't bring myself to leave him here."

"Karin..." Akizuki murmured, shocked that she actually decided to stay.

At the other line, Karin's mother was actually squealing rather than disappointed. "Oh my gosh, my girl Karin has becoming a woman!"

"M-mom, what does that mea--"

"Honey! Did you hear that? Karin wanted to stay with the boy she had been with!"

"Is that so? If my little girl is happy with that boy, then so be it." A grown man sitting at a very spacious living room with a newspaper in hand replied.

Back to Karin, she sweat dropped when she heard her father say that. "Mom, dad... This is embarrassing. He's right beside me..."

"Really?! I want to talk to him!"

"Mom!" Karin was blushing as Akizuki laughed.

Her mom laughed along. "I was joking, sweety. Alright, I will support your decision. But promise me to text me more often! Oh, and please visit us on your holidays! I would love to meet him."

Karin smiled to her mother's kindness. "We will, mom. I love you, and send my love to dad."

"Sure. I love you, too, sweety!"

When the line was cut off, the brunette then hugged Akizuki while petting Smokey. "Yay! Now I won't need to worry leaving you!"

Akizuki hugged her back. "It's nice to hear you're staying." He pull them away as he lean in and kissed her. "Besides, I can't imagine working here without you right beside me."