²⁶

Owner Inauguration, Sister Attack

Part II

======

After taking in the kitten and having a friendly conversation with the lady, Karin happily came home with her new kitten in hand. As Smokey trying to get used to her apartment, Karin look through the pet supplies the lady had gave her.

"Can tunas, fluff toys, and also a collar." She was surprised to see such many supplies the lady had given, as she starting to think how much has she spent. "I might go and visit her later."

She felt something rub against her elbow has she look over to see Smokey rubbing on her. The cuteness was overwhelming. "Gosh you're so cute!"

As she picked him up, he was tense a bit before leaning in her touch, purring has he snuggle to her neck. Karin felt her heart stopped has she lightly squeeze the kitten back, giving it a hug.

======

The next day came as usual, the weather seem to be clear as ever. Karin walked beside Akizuki with a cage as they made their way to work. Trying to get use to things, Akizuki grabbed Karin's free hand since she was carrying her pet's cage. The boy wanted to carry it but the girl insisted to carry it instead, so he let her be.

Arriving to work, the workers of Stile started their business as always. Karin served the customers along with Maika, Mafuyu and Kaho since it's their shift. After bidding two customers goodbye, Karin excuse herself to the break room since the place has no customers anymore.

When she open the break room door, she saw Dino holding Mafuyu's hands as she look away in disgust. Maika was standing by the cage where the girl had left it.

"What's happening here?" Karin decided to asked, trying to grasp of what's happening.

Mafuyu slap the manager's hands away from her before explaining briefly. "Manager got excited by some sweets Maika had given to him."

"And it was delicious!"

Karin blink for a few times before nodding. 'So that's why Maika texted me for some ingredients...'

After awhile, they heard a sound of a kitten coming out from the cage beside Maika. The girl peak inside of it to see the said kitten, Smokey, cowardly behind the cage as much as he could after seeing an unfamiliar face.

"Is that a kitten?" Maika squealed but quickly went away since the little kitten got scared.

Karin went over to her to open the cage. "Come on, don't worry. They won't hurt you." She stuck her hand inside for the little one to know she was there.

Smokey snuggled on her hand before slowly following Karin. He quickly climb onto her shoulder to hide himself from the others. "Everyone, meet Smokey."

"He's so cute!" Maika squealed, adoring the kitten.

"Where did you find him?" Dino asked.

"I found him in an alleyway. An old lady was taking care of him but she insisted if I could take care of him from now on." Karin rub Smokey's back as he purrs. "I brought him here without asking. I'm sorry about that. But I can't just leave him in my apartment alone since he's still a kitten."

Dino shook his head before smiling. "You can bring Smokey anytime! I know how it feels to leave a pet behind."

"By the way, how's Owner doing?" The girl ask as she put Smokey down. The kitten see both Mafuyu and Maika approach him as he look at them in curiosity. Mafuyu let out a hand and wait for him to interact with her.