¹⁹

Busy with Bananas and Strawberries

Part I

======

It was another day through the summer season. The weather was clear from the rain, the sun shine above the sky as it radiant heat. Karin walked through the path where she would always go on her way to work. Despite wearing summer clothes to not make herself feel hot, she was still sweating.

"Karin!" The girl heard a familiar voice call her out. She turned around to meet the bright blonde girl skipping towards her.

"Kaho? Woah, you're so tan!"

Kaho jumped beside her before giving her a chuckle as they walked together to work. "I forgot to put on some sunscreen. Even if you complain about me, you should look at your self! Your normal skin look darker too!"

Karin flinched, one hand quickly went to the other to feel her skin. "I-It got wash out by the sea water. I didn't realize it until we got home."

"Speaking of which, I thought you're walking with Akizuki. Where is he?"

"He went out early before I do. He left a note saying he doesn't want to bother me sleeping in." Karin replied as they took a turn and saw the café in front of them.

"How nice of him! You two are great together." Kaho complement her.

"Thanks." Karin smiled, feeling shy until they reach the store.

"Good morning!" Kaho yelled as Karin closed the door and smiled to their co-workers.

Dino noticed their skin. "Kaho and Karin, you two got suntan!"

Kaho smiled. "That's because it's been a while since I've been outside, like to the beach!"

"It looks like my sunscreen got washed up so...yeah." Karin rub her head.

"Rare to be outside..."

"You two look like girls from a tropical land!" Miu said as their manager remembered something.

"Then Maika, too..." He thought of a tan Maika calling out for him wearing a tropical outfit. "Like a girl from a tropical land..." Dino was smiling at his imagination.

The door open. "Good morning!" Maika greeted, with red spots on her cheeks and nose.

"You've got a brave tan!"

Maika rub her nose with her finger. "I engaged in sunburn countermeasures, but I still got red."

"You did say you were the type who turn red." Dino said, standing beside Maika with a smile.

The blonde frowned, thinking about something. "But I'm not sure if a suntan goes with the uniform here."

Both Karin and Maika nodded. "I agree with you."

Dino clapped his hands together. "Then why don't we wear swimsuits today?"

Miu, Mafuyu, Kaho and Karin all wear glaring faces towards Dino as Dino quickly surrenders. "That was a joke."

Karin sighed. "I'm heading to the break room to change." She then walked towards the room. Kaho was about to follow when the manager stopped her and gave her the sign.

Those matchmakers...

======

Turning the sign on the door to available to show a sign that nobody was inside, Akizuki yawned before lazily walk to the main room. After he opened a door, he saw a tan Karin in front of him. He jumped until he saw who it was. "W-Why have you suddenly become a gal?"