²⁰

Busy with Bananas and Strawberries

Part II

======

"All right..." Maika took a deep breath as she held a plate of omelet in hand. 'I've got to up my customer service game and be just as good as Miu!' She thought before slipping from a banana pill.

Hearing her scream, Kaho and the customers she was serving heard her as the blond look over at her who's on the ground. "Maika? Are you okay?"

The girl fell head first but she manage to save the food. "The food is safe! I defended it with my life!" What she didn't know, she got the ketchup all over her face before standing back up. "I have to deliver this food before it gets cold!"

Kaho tried to stop her, but it was too late to even warn her how she looked. Maika had arrive and ready to serve the customer. "Sorry for the wait."

The customer look up from his phone and flinch. "Deep fried chicken and fluffy egg rice omelet."

The customer heard her wrong. 'F-Freshly-killed chicken?!'

It all enda well anyways.

======

A few hours have past the day as the café continues to run their business. Akizuki went out from the kitchen to take a toilet break. After awhile, he walked out of the men's bathroom but found himself in the middle of the forest.

"For crying out loud!" He was getting frustrated from all of these leaves after walking in the same tree prop twice. "There's too much foliage in here! Where'd he get all this from? Jeez..." He walk in front of him, only to led on the same spot he was without realizing. He look around him and walk to where he walk before, only to led him there again.

He couldn't stand it as he screams, grabbing onto something to grab it out of frustration, until he felt something squishy. He look in front of him as he saw Karin. Both of them got red as he quickly put away his hand when he saw what he had grab. "I-I-I'm sorry!"

They both faced away from each other, both face were redder as a tomato.

"I-It's alright... It was an accident, y-yeah."

"I-I'll be going now."

"Yeah."

Akizuki got a gloomy aura around him as he walk inside the kitchen, finally got himself there. Dino look at him. "That took a long time. What's wrong, Akizuki?" The boy didn't answer as he continue to walk past him. "Are you alright?"

Akizuki stop in front of him and eyed his chest. He suddenly touch him, making Dino yelled out of embarrassment. "Hey! What was that?! Don't do that! I only have eyes for Maika! You already got Hoyoshi! Don't!"

Outside of the kitchen, one of the otaku writer serving as a waitress was smirking while watching the boys as Karin was still red by the scene just now. "Akizuki has such low tolerance for girls that I can use him as a character." The writer murmured as she snickered.

Karin felt a shiver running down from her neck.

======

The next day had come as the café was back to normal. Akizuki was behind the kitchen counter while holding a leaf out of boredom, waiting for the time to turn to their business time. "Even though it just went back to the usual café, it seems so empty."

A scream was heard making the boy jumped as he turn towards his manager behind him. "What? What is it?"

"I forgot to order strawberries!"